ad: Retevis-1

HF Italy Emergency Frequency ...please NOT USED !

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by IW2BSF, Aug 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

Gli O.M. a 7.060 Mhz sono del R.N.R.E.

Station IQ1HR

Almeno stamattina.

PLEASE NOT USE the 7.060 LSB for COMMUNICATIONS !!!!

DMR Digital Networ EMERGENCY FREQUENCY !

*** EMERGENZA TG DMR ***

now , two new Talk Group !

A seguito della forte domanda di comunicazioni d'emergenza sul network DMR, sono stati lanciati due nuovi talkgroup a livello mondiale

TG 9911 - US EMCOM (USA)
    TG 9112 - EMCOM UE (EUROPA)

Si prega di tenere questi gruppi di conversazione liberi e di utilizzarli solo per comunicazioni di emergenza.

stay tuned ! 73 de Rudy IW2BSF

here the complete frequency for comunication in Italy :

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/eartquake-central-italy.535227/page-2

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

ENGLISH translation:)...

Following the high demand for emergency communications on the network DMR, two new talkgroup worldwide were launched

TG 9911 - US EMCOM (USA)
    TG 9112 - EMCOM EU (EUROPE)

Please keep these free chat rooms and use them for emergency communications only.

3. WJ2L

WJ2L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

EARTHQUAKE NEWS STAY OFF 7060KHZ

4. KA1LWR

KA1LWR Ham Member QRZ Page

I am hearing some fsk on that frequency with s9 in Oakland Maine...what is going on?...Is this some contest??

5. KA1LWR

KA1LWR Ham Member QRZ Page

Every one is now on 7.060 sending fsk...

6. IW2BSF

PLEASE NOT DISTURB THIS FREQUENCY ...only for emergency , hi ! 73

7. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just curious... is USA activity on 7060 likely to interfere with that frequency in Italy?

I've been listening and have heard no emergency communication at all on 7060.

8. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Whether it will interfere depends on a number of factors, including time of day, ionospheric conditions, level of power used (both on the potentially interfering US station and the emergency station in Italy), etc.

Is it likely? Perhaps. Is it plausible? Absolutely. Many people frequently use 40m to communicate between Europe and the US.

The fact that you can't hear stations in Italy doesn't mean you won't be interfering with them. You may have a high local noise level and/or a not-so-sensitive receiver that prevents you from hearing them, while in the quake zone, the noise level may be so low (because much of the noise-producing electrical infrastructure is no longer producing noise) that your signals may be audible and might prevent them from working a low-power Italian station which would otherwise be workable. Remember that, in the area where AC power is unavailable, they may be using batteries to supply radios at power levels barely above their noise level.

I don't really care whether the chance of interference is 50%, 10%, 1%, .01% or less. My heart goes out to the Italians who are suffering, and to those who are working to relieve the suffering. They've asked us to keep a small amount of bandwidth free for them for a while, and I will absolutely do so.

9. WR2E

Just to be clear, I'm in the same boat. Just curious is all... thanks!

10. IW2BSF

AG6QR write correct .......

The fact that you can't hear stations in Italy doesn't mean you won't be interfering with them. You may have a high local noise level and/or a not-so-sensitive receiver that prevents you from hearing them, while in the quake zone, the noise level may be so low (because much of the noise-producing electrical infrastructure is no longer producing noise) that your signals may be audible and might prevent them from working a low-power Italian station which would otherwise be workable. Remember that, in the area where AC power is unavailable, they may be using batteries to supply radios at power levels barely above their noise level.

I don't really care whether the chance of interference is 50%, 10%, 1%, .01% or less. My heart goes out to the Italians who are suffering, and to those who are working to relieve the suffering. They've asked us to keep a small amount of bandwidth free for them for a while, and I will absolutely do so.

11. WR2E

So is the weak FSK that I can hear on frequency some of the emergency traffic? Or is that someone not respecting the request to keep the frequency clear?

12. IW2BSF

hi, the second ....