ad: elecraft

ICOM IC-7300 at the 2016 Dayton Hamvention®

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K8KSU, May 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K8KSU

K8KSU Ham Member QRZ Page

Published on May 26, 2016

Will Jourdain, AA4WJ from ICOM America talks to DX Engineering about the new IC-7300 HF/6M Transceiver at the 2016 Dayton Hamvention®

2. KG7POU

KG7POU Ham Member QRZ Page

great video

W0HR likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

With all due respect, WHY?

He didn't do anything other than show less than a QST ad would show. I would have expected a much longer video going into functions, menus, features, and most importantly, see/hear it operating in QSO on the air and getting user comments on it.

1 minute 20 seconds is just about enough to say "here's our new radio" and that's about it. And that's exactly what he did - told us they have a new radio and this is what it looks like.

I would also note that the presenter has only 143 lookups on QRZ yet holds an Extra - not exactly an active ham radio operator!! How much could he possibly even know about USING IT ON THE AIR, given that no one is looking him up. Hardly gives him much "street cred" IMO.

Dave
    W7UUU

KB0TT, K3RW and AF6LJ like this.
  4. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for saving me the trouble, I played with one for 45 minutes over at HRO a while back. Nice radio, I believe I will save my pop bottles and get one.
    Some Day.

5. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

It's because he's a "slappy sales guy", he doesn't need to know anything. Paste a smile on his kisser, pump a few hands, and deal in buzz words.

KB0TT, WA7PRC and N0IRS like this.
  6. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

:)

Icom Shamwow.png

KB0TT, WA7PRC, K3RW and 2 others like this.
  7. W9JEF

W9JEF QRZ Lifetime Member #571 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  8. W0HR

W0HR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why? Why are so many hams lurking around, waiting to pounce on some one, "with all due respect", with needless, meaningless negativity and mockery? Ham radio has soured.

That video is of an Icom employee (sales rep, likely) "talking" to a DX Engineering employee (sales rep, probably) about a new rig, at an Icom sales booth at the Dayton Hamvention. I surely would have expected that it would be a sales pitch... wouldn't you?

Ya' know, if you spent half of the time it took to grunge up that carapiola, thinking about something positive to do in your life... you'd just be a lot happier.

W4PF, W6RZ and W9AFB like this.
  9. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Our group now has 4 Icom 7300's. Great package at a great price.

"Size does not matter"..................

10. VK2JI

VK2JI Ham Member QRZ Page

The young gentleman in the video is in fact Will Jourdain, ICOMs national sales manager for Amateur radio products in the US. I agree I would have liked the video to show off more of the features of the rig, but as I actualy have one, (and love it) that's not so important to me any more. He did show that the RS-BA1 remote control software can display the waterfall - which non-ICOM remote control software has not as yet worked out how to do. So I take that away from this video. Checkout ICOM USA's youtube channel or amateurlogic.tv or ICOM UK for more detailed video coverage of IC-7300 features. The latter (ICOM UK) being my favourite.
    Ed.

11. W0HR

W0HR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes. And not only does the software display the waterfall, the frequency can be controlled using a mouse cursor (or a finger on a touch screen PC) on the remote computer screen's waterfall/band-scope, also. Not only can the frequency be changed by 'clicking' on the remote waterfall, but the VFO can be 'tuned' by clicking and dragging the cursor on the waterfall. That is an outstanding, yet relatively unadvertised feature.

I'm amazed by my 7300, after only paying 1500 USD for it. (& $100 for the RS-BA1) 73, Mike

12. MM0GZZ

MM0GZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

still cant understand wh theres only one so239 on this radio ?????

13. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Even walking saints like myself need a break from all my do gooder behavior to relax by slinging a little waste product.

Nothing like condemning mud slinging by slinging a little mud, is there sir?

W0HR likes this.
  14. AK9S

AK9S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Emotional waste-products spewed forth is how I took your posting. That is a phrase borrowed from your own QRZ page, one which clearly demonstrates the positive aspects of your own life. I trust my Golden Puppy photo will bring you some level of happiness, friend.

W0HR likes this.
  15. KF0G

KF0G Ham Member QRZ Page

1. The law of the unity and conflict of opposites
    2. The law of the passage of quantitative changes into qualitative changes
    3. The law of the negation of the negation