ad: Halibut-1

WB0YWW - Robert "Bob" Burris - SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KE0RG, May 5, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KE0RG

KE0RG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bob, WB0YWW, from Moorland, Iowa, passed on Monday, May 02, 2016.

He was among the first hams I met only on the radio, and was a welcoming presence who easily calmed my fears about messing up on-the-air thing.

I wish that I'd known him better, so that I could write a proper tribute to his memory. But seeing that nobody has mentioned him, I wanted to make sure that he was not forgotten.

http://www.gundersonfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Robert-Burris-3/#!/Obituary

KC9UDX likes this.
  2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

Robert L. Burris, WB0YWW SK

SK May 2, 2016

10-10 Number: 19485

[​IMG]

Robert "Bob" Burris, 69, of Moorland, died May 2, 2016 at the Paula J. Baber Hospice Home.

Memorial services and military honors will be held 11:00 a.m. Saturday, May 7, 2016 at Epworth United Methodist Church. Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service at the church. Interment will be held at a later date in North Lawn Cemetery. Gunderson Funeral Home & Cremation Services are entrusted with the arrangements.

Robert Lee Burris, the son of Virgil and LaVone (Reid) Burris, was born in Fort Dodge, Iowa on July 10, 1946. He was raised in Bradgate and attended school in Gilmore City, Iowa. Bob spent a year in Vietnam while serving in the U.S. Army. On September 26, 1970, Bob was united in marriage to Mary Bretthauer and the couple made their home and raised their children in Moorland. Bob was employed as a mechanic and in appliance customer service with Sears for 17 years. He later worked for Mediacom from 1985 until his retirement in 2008.
    Bob enjoyed hunting, fishing, photography, bird watching, RC airplanes and was a race fan from dirt track to Nascar. He was a HAM Radio Club member since 1977 with his call number being WB0YWW and he served as past president of the Fort Dodge AM Radio Club. He was also a member of the Rifle/Pistol Club League and enjoyed his time shooting with his children and daughter-in-law. Bob and his son Scott enjoyed storm chasing together and he enjoyed researching genealogy with his daughter Stephenie. Most of all he cherished the times he spent with his family that he loved so much.

He is survived by his wife Mary; his children Stephenie (Greg) Black of Gowrie and Scott (Jessie) Burris of Moorland; his grandchildren Brett Black and Kylee Burris; and his brother Virgil (Janice) Burris of Hershey, NE; his sister-in-law Mona Burris of Truro and brothers-in- law Robert Zeman of Bradgate, Terry (Kay) Bretthauer of Urbandale, Chuck Bretthauer and Mick Bretthauer, both of Fort Dodge and Rick Bretthauer of North Liberty; and several nieces and nephews. Bob was preceded in death by his infant son Derek Lee Burris, his parents Virgil and LaVone Burris, his brother John and sister Karen, his father and mother-in-law Glen and Betty Bretthauer and brother-in-law Phil Bretthauer.

Memorials may be left to the discretion of the family.

http://www.messengernews.net/page/content.detail/id/597474/ROBERT--BOB--BURRIS.html?nav=5011

KE0RG likes this.