ad: elecraft

Question re: November SS and WAS

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KD8EDC, Nov 23, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD8EDC

KD8EDC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

I've never contested before, and decided to give the November SS (phone) a shot. Almost done, and I've got 79 sections worked (bummer...LOL) and 133 contacts (pretty good considering I didn't know it was happening until I turned on my radio Saturday morning (lots going on around here).

Anyway, can I log the contacts that I made for both the SS and in fulfillment of the WAS requirements? If so, how would I do that? I'm currently using N3FJP's very nice November Sweepstakes Contest Log.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Mark KD8EDC

2. AL4Y

AL4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Mark,
    You sure can. The easiest way is to upload the cabrillo file created by your logging program to LOTW. Nice job getting 79 sections. Which ones did you miss?

3. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice work, Mark! I got just over half of the sections.

I'm using N3FJP's logging product as well. It's awesome.

4. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes you can! One of the things that's pretty awesome about this particular contest, you can get WAS in a weekend, since every state is on and wants to work you.

I tried for a clean sweep, but missed 3-4, VI, WTX(???), and NL IIRC.

Steve
    KV6O

5. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty damned good section tally. Congrats! Yes, in fact, a lot of hams use contest weekends to tank up on zones, sections, states, counties, or DXCC entities.

6. AK9R

AK9R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice job in SS!

The LotW help file can be found here: https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/

The biggest stumbling block will be registering for a callsign "certificate" in the LotW system. You will have to register for the LotW system and then wait for the ARRL to send you a post card with your access code. The card will be mailed to the address shown on your license to verify that it's actually you applying.

Also check your logging program's documentation.

7. KD8EDC

Hi all, thanks! :)

My final tally ended up being 136 contacts, 81/83 sections worked. I'm already registered for LotW, and am uploading information there as well as doing the general SS log file entry.

Thanks for all of your help!

Mark

8. KD8EDC

IN and NL (Newfoundland-Labrador). IN was always just too weak to reach, and I never heard anyone from NL.