ad: M2Ant-1

James "Jim" G. Skeen, K4IZ, SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KI4AAU, Sep 14, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI4AAU

KI4AAU Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences in the loss of your Friend K4IZ.

James G. Skeen, K4IZ SK

SK September 12, 2015

James "Jim" Gray Skeen

James “Jim” Gray Skeen, age 87, of Bristol, Tenn. went to be with the Lord on Saturday, September 12, 2015 at his home. He was born September 18, 1927 in Castlewood, VA., a son of the late Homer and Della Fraley Skeen. He was a Veteran of the U.S. Army. Jim was a lifelong resident of the Bristol area and retired from LM Berry as an Art Director. He was a member of the Bristol Amateur Radio Club, Bristol Chapter of the American Red Cross, the Bristol Art Guild and Avoca Christian Church. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his sister, JoAnn Maley.

He is survived by his loving wife of 67 years, Letha Sturgill Skeen; children, Linda Hudgens and husband Ted, Larry Skeen and wife Denise, Deborah Sewter and husband Dave; grandchildren, Scott Hudgens, Robert Hudgens, Sarah Elliot, Katherine Stevens, Sam Stevens, Guthrie Skeen, Alethea Skeen, Rowan Skeen, Shelby Barrett and Talmadge Skeen;
    8 Great-Grandchildren nieces, Dolly McPeek and Diane Buck

A memorial service for Mr. Skeen will take place at a later date.

http://www.weaverfuneralhome.net/obituaries-test-1/james-jim-gray-skeen

3. KI4AAU

KI4AAU Ham Member QRZ Page

4. K8OMI

K8OMI Ham Member QRZ Page

I only learned of Jim passing away by reading the Silent Key page of the most recent QST.

Jim used to let me sit at his art table and draw when I was a kid and my dad was Division Manager at L.M. Berry in Bristol.

Jim talked my dad into taking me to the Fire Department to learn the code and study for my novice license.

I might have never become a ham without a boost from Jim....if I had known of this earlier, I certainly would have driven down to attend the visitation.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Don Addington
    ex WN4BUA
    WB4DED
    G5BOX
    KA8LCR

and currently K8OMI
    Jumping Branch, West Virginia

K2HAT likes this.