ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Youtuber Hamfest - SteppIR & HobbyPCB

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6NAZ, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KI6NAZ

KI6NAZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Big thanks to SteppIR & HobbyPCB coming on to introduce their new products.

Copy of what is ham radio_ (3).jpg

A61BK, WZ7K and KC5HWB like this.
  2. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

An excellent weekend full of great information from all of the guests. Special thanks to those willing to come onto the livestreams and talk about their products and projects.

KI6NAZ likes this.
  3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

There's a striking difference in audio quality between guests from SteppIR and HobbyPCB. Mic choice/useage/placement and choice of or softening room acoustics at SteppIR would have made their portion of the video enjoyable. As it has been presented, the reverb is unbearable and I'll venture to guess sends many people into FF mode. I know it did for me.

It's rather odd in this day and age when there are SO many inexpensive, readily available tools to present outstanding audio, yet so often we end up listening to Hammy Hambone audio.

Other than that, it was a very good video. No clown show over-acting, or other such silliness. Well done.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    K0BAK likes this.
  4. KI6NAZ

KI6NAZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've noticed that while cellphone cameras have improved. Laptops, both their webcams and microphones haven't really. I agree, there are very inexpensive and acceptable mics on the market that can interface with just about any device you own. I do try and work with people I have on the shows to grab externals mics and cameras when possible. In this instance that was not available. I will likely be hosting SteppIR on future shows and we'll work on a some audio/visual changes

I appreciate the objective feedback.

KC5HWB likes this.
  5. W7KEY

W7KEY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There is a notable echo off of hard walls.

6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep. I've noticed that a lot, even with "professional" commercial broadcasting these days with folks not being in the studio but from at home or other makeshift "studios." I remain more than disappointed with such lack of quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.