ad: CQMM-1

YLs on the USS Batfish

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N5HZR, Oct 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K8AI

K8AI Ham Member QRZ Page

Wayne Green, W2NSD (SK) wrote a book of his memoirs of his multiple patrols aboard the USS Drum during WW2. I doubt it's still in print but I suppose there may be a copy for sale out on the internet somewhere.

W5MQC, WE4B and K0DD like this.
  2. K8AI

K8AI Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K0DD

K0DD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[QUOTE="K8AI, post: 4865823, member: 703216" /QUOTE]

Curt,
    Thank You very much for posting the link to Wayne Green's Drum WWII Pages. Right after I received the email notification of your post in this thread I visited the post and read the 64 pages. Just finishing at 6:15 PM Central and spent until now typing you this thanks

I had chatted with NSD on the radio once back while I was a teen and met him again at Dayton as an adult. The original Q wasn't a short one either. He came off at the time as a "different kinda guy" than anyone I had met previously of his generation. That sent a lot of warning flags skyward at the time. However at Dayton he backpedaled on some of his original OTA statements from years previously. I really enjoyed today's read. It also showed a side of the man I hadn't known previously. This has been quite the week for me. HA... Maybe it's time to tap into some of his other writings such as health etc... His comments over his exposure to the original form of Dianetics was really shocking.

Sincerely,
    Erika DD

K8AI likes this.
  4. KE5IZE

KE5IZE Ham Member QRZ Page

This was awesome. I made a contact with them.

N5HZR likes this.