ad: Radclub22-1

We May Have Just Solved the Mystery of 11 Year Long Solar Cycles

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC8FRJ, Aug 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM4SLW

KM4SLW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Unless someone figures out how to make the cycles shorter (or the peak last longer) then I really don't care...

K0UO likes this.
  2. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think Pluto is reeking havoc. Ever since they kicked him out, the bands have gone downhill.

KC1DR, KO5V and K7YB like this.
  3. N8ZI

Maybe if someone wiped Uranus the bands wouldn't stink......

KC1DR, KF4ZKU and K7YB like this.
  4. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

While Chip is a genius, I am an idiot savant.

5. N8ZI

As for the pot smoking theory. Are they claiming Cheech and Chong are implicated?

KF4ZKU likes this.
  6. 2E0FSD

2E0FSD Ham Member QRZ Page

This could be true. So those what have wrote rubbish and don't believe. Go out and prove him wrong. I don't disbelieve his theory. but I don't let the cycle bother me. if dx is there its there. if not, so what.

7. W6RAD

W6RAD Ham Member QRZ Page

So that's how that works,I've been trying to figure my wife out, I mean the sun out for a long time now.

W1TRY and K0UO like this.
  8. AE5GT

AE5GT Ham Member QRZ Page

2061 Oddessy Three. HAL lives.

9. KF7PK

KF7PK Ham Member QRZ Page

simple answer we don't know

KF4ZKU and K0UO like this.
  10. N6NKS

N6NKS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Naw... it isn't weed, it's too much Coke (and maybe not the US version sans cocaine...). LOL!

Well really, there are several reported cycles regarding the Sun besides the present 22 year "total cycle" as such:

Sub solar-cycle ~11 years (Schwabe Cycle)
    total solar-cycle ~22 years

(those two of course being the periodicity between solar min. and solar max as "measured" historically from the sunspot count and more recently via the Solar Flux (2800 MHz) as recorded from Penticton, BC)

And others: Gleisberg Cycle = ~ 88 years
    DeVries Cycle = ~208 years
    Eddy Cycle = ~1000 years (most of know about Eddy currents...)
    Milankovitch Cycles = Ice-Age cycles - the Sun IS a variable star it has been conjectured)

With that written, I suppose like much in science, "we" have a lot to learn still...

Perhaps by Stardate 2350, Mr. Chekov could tell us more and he could also tell us if "Coke" tastes better then... ;-0

Steve - N6NKS

K0UO likes this.
  11. LU9HMS

LU9HMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Permiteme resumir tus investigaciones, si es que las entendí bien, la sinergia de los planetas de nuestro sistema solar, afecta directamente a la actividad solar, entonces por que el ciclo de 11 años, y a que responde el mismo. Muchas gracias.

12. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

13. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

By that term they would be older than your grandmother. Think Humphrey Bogart, et al

14. W4MHZ

W4MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't know why people are trashing the video. If it weren't for youtube our kids would not be getting any education at all. We have turned the educational system into a baby sitters union and the Universities into ... well, enough said I suppose.

I watch his videos frequently though not enough to actually subscribe to his channel.

AND THE BANDS ARE NOT THAT BAD STOP WHINING AND CALL CQ SOMEWHERE BELOW 10 mHz... Derp

K0UO likes this.
  15. AF4RK

AF4RK Ham Member QRZ Page

K0UO likes this.