ad: Schulman-1

W5YFN ~~ SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W5GNB, May 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W5GNB

W5GNB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ken was an avid DX'er and all around great guy. He was a life long ham and was active up until the very end. He will be missed by all !!

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Kenneth E. Letcher, W5YFN SK

Kenneth Eugene Letcher, 82, passed away on Sunday, May 12, 2019, in Roswell, New Mexico. Please take a moment and share a kind thought or memory with Kenneth’s family at www.andersonbethany.com.

SERVICES: A Funeral Service will be held at Assumption Catholic Church on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, at 10:00 AM.

On November 16, 1936, Kenneth was born to Elmer and Amanie Letcher in Turkey, Texas. He graduated from Roswell High School. On January 2, 1993, Kenneth married Souad Letcher in Roswell, New Mexico. Prior to retirement, he owned South West Communications and White Mountain Communications. Kenneth was a member of both the Roswell Sertoma Club and Assumption Catholic Church. He will be truly missed by his family and friends.

SURVIVORS: Those left to eternally treasure and cherish memories of Kenneth are his loving wife, Souad Letcher; son, Gary Letcher and children: Allen Amanda, and Jacob Letcher; son, Bryan Letcher and daughter, Amber; step-children: Bridget Kamas (Mike Reiland,) Alex and Tommy (grandkids,) Dominic Kamas (Sarah,) Madison and Joshie (grandkids.)

PRECEDED: Preceding Kenneth in death: parents, Elmer and Amanie Letcher; brothers: Jerry and Don Letcher; and stepson, Joshua (Poco) Kamas.
    https://www.rdrnews.com/2019/05/13/kenneth-eugene-letcher/

K5KT likes this.
  3. K5KT

K5KT Ham Member QRZ Page

I ALWAYS enjoyed talking to Ken, he usually had a very Q5 signal and we seemed to always have very interesting things to talk about.. I have been wondering about him too..... He will DEFINITELY be missed!!!!! 73, my friend….. de Joe K5KT

K8PG and K1LKP like this.
  4. N4GNR

N4GNR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

R>I>P> Ken You were a good friend,, a GREAT HAM !! God Bless Dan N4GNR

K1LKP likes this.
  5. WM4CH

WM4CH Ham Member QRZ Page

I had a QSO with Ken 1 month before he passed. Seemed like a great guy

K1LKP likes this.
  6. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU GARY,

A BEAUTIFUL FLOWER.jpg
    W5YFN OBIT.jpg
    W5YFN CD ROM.jpg
    A GOD REST HIS SOUL.jpg
    ============================= A candle_animation_1_[1].gif

W7UUU likes this.
  7. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

W5YFN --respect fully VY73 djoaj ekrem

W7UUU likes this.
  8. VK3MO

VK3MO Ham Member QRZ Page

I enjoyed many contacts with Ken as he always had something interesting to say, was very positive about life and was a true gentleman.
    Ian VK3MO

W7UUU and K8PG like this.
  9. K5TUE

K5TUE Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow...just found out Ken became silent key a couple of years ago.

I knew him mainly from the 146.610 repeater in New Mexico. I also knew his brother Don. They were both great guys....both very technically knowledgeable but also down-to-earth fellas.

Sad to hear this.
    R.I.P. Ken.

W7UUU likes this.