ad: wmr-1

SOTA Fail? W9/WI-009

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KD9LFZ, Jan 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KD8WU

KD8WU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My Dad was a Yooper, but I have always been a Troll.

2. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

youuuuuu, need one of these:

upload_2021-1-14_0-17-37.jpeg

or these:

upload_2021-1-14_0-18-40.jpeg

with a full commo package including motorised antenna mast,
    and a surviving-in-comfort package.

3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

If you want a fun activation wait until the spring mud season in central to north New England

N1VAU likes this.
  4. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

WD4ELG, KC9ONY and KA0USE like this.
  5. W5IR

W5IR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's the spirit that counts and you have plenty of it! But really gals check the WX channel next time. ;):)

6. AB4PP

AB4PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think it was great that you at least tried. You got out in the weather and saw some of the woods. Better luck next time. Take snow shoes and a light pack and pack a lunch. de John Paul // AB4PP

7. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HIYA LEAH!!! :)
    I watched one of your VIDEOs for AUG. 2020 and you'd been using YOUR BABY the "XEIGU G-90", one comment though is QRP is ALL WELL & FINE" but when your on the HF BANDS it's a LOT MORE FUN running that rig as a EXCITER INTO A HIGH POWER SOLID STATE LINEAR AMP like say a OUTPUT OF LIKE "500W +" then you'll really enjoy using ur "LIL'BABY"!!! One other hint for HF operation is to give ur call @ least twice, as well as giving ur name & QTH because even you'd said BAND CONDXs SUCK at the time you were on, and only running ur 20w you have to remember the guy or yl on the other side may be struggling to HEAR YOU AS WELL!!!

BEST OF THE UP & COMING NEW YEAR 2021 & 88s,
    Jim-NN6EE (Ham since 1962!!!)

8. KA9UCE

KA9UCE Ham Member QRZ Page

As a Wisconsinite-removed, I know the fun and pitfalls of the northwoods. Fire trails, mud, deep 'puddles',
    and also flooded dirt roads. Vilas county, Wood, Oneida, Price and oh so many more.
    Hwy. 70 and 8 headed west from Rhinelander and Minocqua/Woodruff.
    Sayner has a small 'high spot'....it also has a fire lookout tower there as well, and easy to drive up.
    Timm's hill is supposedly the state high ground.
    I sit on 144.200 USB, and 432.100 USB....contests bring out the signals, but once the contest ends, nobody comes out
    to play SSB any longer.....sad.
    I run a FT-817, but have an amp for UHF, and can get 100 Watts, but the challenge is weak signal, not armchair!
    Good luck in all you do...you have the drive and desire many could feed off of...keep it up!

9. AD5IN

AD5IN Ham Member QRZ Page

Up here folks drive their vehicles out on the lakes and tow a small shack behind them. Drill a hole through the ice and consume lots of beer while fishing and partying. Maybe there should be lakes on the air events during this time. 10,000 of them here in Minnesota.

N8RKD and W9EBE like this.
  10. W5WI

W5WI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You only fail if you don't try!

Keep the faith!

Dale
    W5WI

11. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

"You betcha!" In some places Winter Field Day is just a normal way of life, as demonstrated by @W0AAA. "Dontcha know ... ":)

12. N5ITN

N5ITN Ham Member QRZ Page

SOTA fail, not. Not trying is a fail. Congratulations to the both of you. It makes me very happy to see todays youth participating is something that does not involve negative actions. Great job and I hope you have a great future.

13. W5EN

W5EN Ham Member QRZ Page

SOTA, Snow On The Air, I love it! Your enthusiasm is fun and fantastic. Keep up the good work, ladies!

73 de W5EN Steve