ad: elecraft

PAR Electronics completes sale of their RF-ID UHF antenna to Omni-ID

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4OP, Jul 25, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4OP

W4OP Ham Member QRZ Page

Omni -ID Rochester, NY, England and China has completed the purchase of PAR's OA-433 horizontal Omni.
    Omni-ID (https://www.omni-id.com/) is a leading supplier of RF-ID systems. They cited the OA-433's best in industry azimuth pattern and freedom from common mode mast/feedline radiation as the criteria for purchasing the design. The antennas will be manufactured in China for distribution through out the world.

The OA-433 was part of PAR's line of horizontally polarized omnidirectional antennas. PAR still manufactures the amateur versions from 6M through 70cM. Unlike other 'loop' designs, the Omniangles feature a near perfect azimuth pattern with no mast common mode and a built in balun to attenuate coaxial feedline common mode. Azimuth patterns and technical specifications are on their site at: http://www.parelectronics.com/omnis.php
    RFID 30.jpg

WH6H, N9PBD, W2CQ and 1 other person like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like a STRANDBEEST.....

GL with the antennas Dale:)

[​IMG]

3. N8CBX

N8CBX Ham Member QRZ Page

Very cool, Dale
    Jan N8CBX

4. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I see one of those antennas on the local swap meet tables. I wonder if I should buy it now so I can say I got one before the "made in China" versions were released? ;)

5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, if you are buying commercial band antennas, yes. This sale is unrelated to amateur products as stated in the original post.

6. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on your success! Innovation and hard work pays off. :)

7. W5COV

W5COV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations Dale on your success in this commercial development . All the best to you and Elaine , my friend.
    GOD BLESS.
    73 , de W5COV , Charlie

8. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

My 6meter model works great!

W4KVW and AJ4LN like this.
  9. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have owned & used (2) of the PAR OA-50 antennas over the years & they performed great on my mobile setups.PAR is a great company to deal with as well.

Clayton
    W4KVW

10. WB6JNN

WB6JNN Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, this antenna is cut for 433.925 MHz and is identical to the 70cm version. I know because I bought some many years ago for an RFID project the company I worked for at the time installed. I selected the PAR unit for the project and used them in pairs to provide more or less omni-polar performance as well as omni-directional coverage. 433.925 is a common Part 15 Low Power device frequency, by the way.

Jim WB6JNN

11. KC5RET

KC5RET Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations Mr. Parfitt! I hope this paves the way to a great retirement for you. But not TOO soon!
    73, Rob, KC5RET