ad: Alphaant-1

HR2.0 - FCC Hits Rugged Radios with Citation over Illegal Radios

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Dec 15, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No. The FCC is 100% within their rights because they got them for selling radios not type accepted for transmitting on the frequencies for while they were being sold to transmit on.

The article mistakenly says 'receiving' but, as discussed in other comments, the author just doesn't understand radio and used the wrong wording. Read the FCC filing to see.

KC5HWB likes this.
  2. KH2BR

KH2BR Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC is concentrating in the wrong place. Instead of wasting time with that, they should be concentrating in other areas..
    Manufactures are not required to clean up the consumer electronics equipment they sell to prevent massive interference on the HF and vhf spectrum.
    I am talking about shoddy solar power system installations on many homes where the arrays act as huge antennas spewing so much
    RFI that it prevents daytime communications. There are many other consumer electronics that generate RFI, so much out
    there now that it will never be cleaned up. The FCC should be doing the work to keep the spectrum clean.

K3LU, W9EBE and KE0GXN like this.
  3. WA4NID

WA4NID XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Absolutely AGREE !!!

KE0GXN likes this.
  4. KD5BVX

It should be all.

KE0GXN likes this.
  5. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree that it should be both, however some dude off-roading with his Jeep posse on VHF/UHF doesn't really affect me....but all my neighbors' RFI and the commercial RFI close to my subdivision does.....o_O

6. KD5BVX

The FCC shouldn’t only do what I think they should do...

I am just glad to see some enforcement.

7. AF5XF

AF5XF Ham Member QRZ Page

not as free as it used to be and getting more so all the time

8. WI4WD

WI4WD Ham Member QRZ Page

I can tell you are not someone who is effected by this and therefore feel the FCC should look at other things. What we have are companies selling radios to people and encouraging them to operate illegibly. I am sure if they started selling 7300's by the hundreds and telling people they could just transmit on HF your perspective may change.

KA2FIR likes this.
  9. N6NED

N6NED Ham Member QRZ Page

I come from the off road industry and Rugged are known as junk due to the cheap, re-branded radios they use. Their Competition is PCI Race radios who use quality commercial radios but tend to cost a bit more however, you get what you pay for.