ad: M2Ant-1

HR2.0 - Best HF Ham Radio Under $1000 - 6 Best HF Transceivers 2020

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Oct 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If the FT-891 had 2 / 440... it woudl be the new 706Mk2G... people would be going nuts for it.

I had a Ft-891 in my SUV and I was able to work the world with an ATAS-120A.

Now, I need to upload a goofy picture, with over accentuated features... you know... to make a point.

2. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Been watching swapmeet and if you keep your eye out, you can find used single receiver K3/100 with autotuner for about $1k now. I still use mine everyday and love it. Very loaded K3 are now around $1.5k. Sure it is an older radio but with new synth board it is still in top 10 of transceivers in the market.

3. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Ham Member QRZ Page

The IC-7100 is "the new 706Mk2G." If it didn't have that bizarre form factor and allowed attaching a non-bizarre shaped faceplate to the rest of the radio it would be way more popular than it is. I'm still mulling over getting one. The form factor would actually be a plus.

4. K4NYX

K4NYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. K4NYX

K4NYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Totally agree about the Rf gain control. Roll it back. Give the signal reports with your ears not looking at the meter.

AA4MB likes this.
  6. N2RIC

N2RIC Ham Member QRZ Page

The price here in the U.S. at HRO for the new Yaesu FTDX-10 is $1,699.99 [https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-017366]. Not quite the $2,000 I estimated using the U.K. price -- having forgotten to include VAT -- but still more than $1,000.00 for something that might be called an "entry-level HF radio".