ad: CQMM-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 132 - US Coast Guard Cutter Courier exhibit at Voice of America Museum

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Sep 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lee Hite, K8CLI from the National Voice of America Museum of Broadcasting is on Ham Talk Live! Thursday night (9/13) at 9 pm Eastern time to take your questions about the US Coast Guard Cutter Courier's role in radio & the Voice of America and the new exhibit at the VoA Museum featuring the ship.

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm Eastern time (Friday 0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 812-NET-HAM-1 live during the call-in segment of the show, or by Skype. Our username is hamtalklive. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

USCGC_Courier_(WTR-410)_in_1966-68.jpg voalogo.jpg

2. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I served aboard the Courier in 1969 so it's nice to see some recognition of it's history both before and during it's life with the red stripe. It's been a while so I may be wrong but I don't believe the picture attached is correct.

WB9VPG likes this.
  3. WA4HBK

WA4HBK Ham Member QRZ Page

All the sites show USCGC 410 as the Courier

4. K6REB

K6REB Ham Member QRZ Page