ad: HamHats-1

Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

With respect, I do understand that others have used TDoA. No problem! As I have a couple of decades of experience with lines of bearing and understand that accuracy, and since lines of bearing are something we're tested on, I just wondered if we had anyone with beams that can get a more accurate fix.
    I ask because if we can come up with hard data, we should be able to file complaints with the ITU, ARRL, and possibly State and start pushing back on Cuba. But maybe I don't understand the point of the various jamming threads.

KO4ESA likes this.
  2. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

See the post behind you ... nothing will stop it no more then the Russia Woodpecker that was really a large over the horizon radar powered by Giga watts from Chernobyl Nuke Plant

This is just an Old Made Russian Interference generator the GOV on that Island still has...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    KO4ESA and KI6NAZ like this.
  3. N3TGY

N3TGY Ham Member QRZ Page

This is horrible! My wife and I were sitting at our picnic table and I had my QRP radio there with just a backpack portable antenna, I noticed that sound it seemed to me that it is frequency agile creeping up and down the band. I usually listen to the guys chatting and they were plagued with that racket. My wife ( not a ham but enjoys listening to the conversation as well) asked me what is that awful noise? If I can be affected from just using a backpack antenna in southern Pennsylvania it's destroying those folks using high gain antennas and sensitive receivers. Had to pack it in again tonight. Hopefully it ends soon.

KO4ESA and (deleted member) like this.
  4. K8XG

Quote " we should be able to file complaints with the ITU, ARRL, and possibly State and start pushing back on Cuba." No that wont work did not back in the day with stuff I posted above

It will stop when Cuba's Gov decides it is really not working on their narrative, I have heard many here over all those Frogs ...

N3TGY, KO4ESA and KI5GFU like this.
  5. KE5URE

KE5URE Ham Member QRZ Page

It appears the jamming sound that I am hearing starts around 7.103 through 7.163 with varying degrees strength. Iam gessing here there may be as many as 5-6 sounds or more with this jamming. KE5URE....Tulsa OKLA

6. K4KKC

K4KKC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Andrew,
    Attention US Hams with directional arrays for 40Meters. Please help us triangulate the source of the interference the old fashion way.

KO4ESA likes this.
  7. KG5RKP

KG5RKP Ham Member QRZ Page

I get what you're saying. I expect the ITU can do little more than 'name and shame'. But maybe pressure on Havana from within and without will be more effective. It doesn't cost us anything more than some time, and it's clear from various threads and Youtube videos that some of us are willing to spend that anyway LOL

BTW - I've had a number of great conversations with W7HU/Alex - I suspect he'd appreciate all the help we'd be wiling to give, if for no other reason than knowing we have his back as he does his work.

8. K0LWC

K0LWC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

W4ABC, K4ABX, KO4ESA and 3 others like this.
  9. N3TGY

N3TGY Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly, and it seems like it crawls toward stronger signals.

KO4ESA, K8XG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. K4KKC

Thanks again Matthew!

KO4ESA likes this.
  11. K4KKC

KO4ESA likes this.
  12. K4KKC

Screenshot_20210715-220919.jpg Screenshot_20210715-221042.jpg
    Notice how we where talking for about an hour and then just like the night before since this past Sunday here come the interference. We moved to a different frequency each night just to prove the point. We need help to put these jamming events on the mainstream media or at least up front and center of the QRZ landing page.

KO4ESA, N4ZAW, KG5RKP and 1 other person like this.
  13. K8XG

So it is under computer control ?

KO4ESA likes this.
  14. WB9LUR

WB9LUR Ham Member QRZ Page

Decided to have a QSO in spite of the massive interference at my QTH - successful QSO made on 7120 CW. Jamming be damned.

W2VW, KO4ESA, N4ZAW and 4 others like this.
  15. K4KKC

KO4ESA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.