ad: elecraft

APRIL 1-2, 2017 THE AM RALLY aka "Behind the AM Button"

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N1BCG, Jan 27, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have an HF receiver? Lots of AM on 75M (3870-3890) and 40M (7280-7300).

2. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

FT-817
    I am a Technician.
    25 years.
    WAS 50Mhz.

3. KW4KC

KW4KC Ham Member QRZ Page

I looked on the amrally web page and I can't seem to find if there is a formatted exchange... Does anyone know what the exchange is supposed to be at a minimum?

4. N1BCG

Very casual, like A.M. Just enough info for filling out the log (see www.amrally.com) or you can chat as long as you and the other stations choose.

5. W0WDF

W0WDF Ham Member QRZ Page

I got the TS-590S and the SB-1000 set up last night and had a QSO with a gentleman running a Viking Ranger.
    He said the Kenwood sounded good and he wouldn't have known it was a rice box if I hadn't told him.
    I'm not going to change anything and run it like it is. Ready for the Rally !

KA4KOE and WB4IUY like this.
  6. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Gonna play around myself this AM rally should be fun.

. Hope the bands are cooperative.

7. N1BCG

If you want to try to pull off the incredible, rumor has it that WA1LGQ in Connecticut will be on 50.4 as well for this event!

8. KP2XX

KP2XX Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been running my IC 7300 with good reports using the following sets:
    Bass set at +1
    Treb set at +4
    Mic Gain at 36 *
    Comp at 3
    * using a Yamaha CM 500 headset

I will be on the AM rally driving a pair of 3-500Z with about 10 watts

73, Jim KP2XX

WB4IUY likes this.
  9. KM3D

KM3D Ham Member QRZ Page

Old ham here new to Amplitude Modulation and anxious to make a few contacts. I have tamed my solid state rigs ALC and can drive my small amplifier with 15 watts of carrier for an 80 watt carrier output. I will never be a 'big gun' but hope to enjoy the mode. As said above, lets hope the bands are good - I'd be tickled to put some of those solid state rig 15 watt carrier signals in my logbook!

WB4IUY likes this.
  10. KM4NYI

KM4NYI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be operating a vintage Gonset G50 from Knoxville, TN at 8:30 tonight and tomorrow night on 50.400 MHz. Maybe the gods will smile on us and there will be a little propagation on six meters this weekend :)

11. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm excited and ready for this event and thanks to those that are sponsoring it! Won't make it on tomorrow, but certainly by Sunday. Really looking forward to this one!

WB4IUY likes this.
  12. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, I will be on 28.500 AM.
    Phone.

13. WB4IUY

WB4IUY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

40 m is really nice during the daytime hours, esp around mid-day. 7.280-7.295 Hope to see you on AM!

14. KA4KOE

KA4KOE Ham Member QRZ Page

80 meters was good last night. Too bad my voice couldn't stand more than a half dozen contacts.

WB4IUY likes this.
  15. AG6ZR

AG6ZR Ham Member QRZ Page

For those in Southern California the weekly AM Roundtable will be on 50.4 Sunday morning at 10:00 PDT/1700 GMT. Join in, maybe we will be fortunate to have some DX visitors.