ad: k1jek

Any Belton, Texas Hamfest Reports??

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by AB5S, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AB5S

AB5S Ham Member QRZ Page

Any Belton, Texas Hamfest Reports??

2. WD5GWY

WD5GWY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, great hamfest and found (again) a Hallicrafters SX-100b, completely restored. It was there last spring and I haggled with the seller and decided to wait. Bad move! When I changed my mind and went back to buy it, the radio and the seller were gone!
    (this was after going back by several times and the seller being out looking around himself)
    This time, another seller had the radio. Asked how much and made a counter offer. He dropped the price by $10 and I bought it!
    This radio looks brand new. A guy in California did an amazing restoration! I couldn't begin to do one that good! Also found a matching speaker for it from another seller. On top of all that, got a nice (almost new) HyGain 640 Vertical at a good price.
    Had a great time and got some great deals. I really enjoy going to Belton. I'm already primed for the next event!!
    james
    WD5GWY
    Check it out!!!!!
    SX100.jpg inside.jpg

3. KM5OX

KM5OX Ham Member QRZ Page

There are two. The fall one is good but the spring one is one of the most enjoyable. Lots going on besides just the swapmeet. It's worth going the Friday before and just hanging out in the tailgate area meeting other folks and seeing what they've got set up and going at that time. I've seen everything from BBQ to EME and lots of QRP going on in the parking lot. An old-fashioned hamfest.

4. K5JBU

K5JBU Ham Member QRZ Page

I meet some really good people up there and got some really good deals. the problen I almost forget it untill the next week after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.