ad: Radclub22-1

A conversation with John Amodeo AA6JA - Last Man Standing Producer

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK7HH, Mar 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VK7HH

VK7HH Ham Member QRZ Page

In this very special live stream I'll be joined by John AA6JA, television producer for the TV series "Last Man Standing" starring Tim Allen as Mike Baxter KA0XTT.

John will discuss his history and interest in amateur radio, the clubs and groups he is associated with, what it's like to work on and bring ham radio into prime time television and the various technical difficulties he faced when operating from the set using the callsign KA6LMS.

He'll also walk us through the special event station activation, where you will have the last chance to contact the station from the set on the 24th of March right through to the 30th of March! Please join us and pop in your questions and comments into the live chat!

LIVE - Friday 12th of March 2021
    UTC - 23:00
    Pacific - 15:00
    Central - 17:00

KA2FIR, N7OCC, N8AUG and 3 others like this.
  2. K7CB

K7CB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The one thing I found somewhat disappointing about the KA6LMS station is that to be a guest operator you had to be a "celebrity" amateur radio operator (i.e. YouTuber) which, to me, seems to be similar to the "privilege" that so many are protesting against.

KA2FIR, KC8YXA, VE3EEI and 5 others like this.
  3. KA8VNG

KA8VNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Shout out to Tim Dick, KK6OTD. I have you on Echo-Link if you ever log on there. 73. de KA8VNG .... ..

K4EIA likes this.
  4. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

A very interesting interview. I like the callsign's suffix, "Ex-Tool Time". And the ARRL really pitched in with making the awards for Tim's shack. All props of course, but they had fun with them. The 30 wpm code proficiency certificate was a particularly nice touch. Clearly everyone wanted to do this right, which doesn't always happen with technical fields when they're shown on TV or in movies.