ad: CQMM-1

The Top 2 Issues EVERY IC-7610 owner needs to check for.

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by VK3BL, Jun 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WA2TP

WA2TP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am now looking into getting a 7610 with the recent price drops and I am curious if the screen issue was ever resolved. While Icom has acknowledge the heat sink issue on their web site with a technical bulletin, they have not publicly acknowledge the display burn in issue even though there are many who have experienced it. The 3k price tag, while very attractive, makes me skeptical that they have resolved this issue. I had read somewhere that a group was planning a class action lawsuit but I do not know if that ever gained traction.

2. M6YPA

M6YPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Adrian from England, I have just bought a brand new 7610 and in less than 1 month my Icom has already suffered the screen burn, I am pretty surprised to see they are still suffering with this issue, I know it will be exchanged for me but I still worry that the next one will suffer it too, when I bought it it had the latest firmware installed, I will post up if my next one suffers also.... Very disheartened with it to be honest. posted 5th September 2020

3. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just an FYI,the Icom 7410 and 9100 had screen problems to.

4. W2FID

W2FID Ham Member QRZ Page