ad: QSLWorks-1

The HF Oracle Prognostication for Solar Cycle 25

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KQ6XA, Sep 4, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. I8QJU

I8QJU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Bonnie,

I am enlightened by the Oracle's predictions, and the verses written in the ancient language of my ancestors really struck me.

Excellent! Please keep up writing.

Ciao/73 Joe I8QJU

KQ6XA likes this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

If you all would just spend half as much time building 160m antennas as you do opining the lack of sunspots...

;)

WA2LXB and KQ6XA like this.
  3. KZ7ZUL

KZ7ZUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I refuse to put my ham shack in hibernation for another five years. I'll just keep pounding away at FT8 for a while.

KF7WRS, WA9WSJ, KC2YME and 1 other person like this.
  4. W1RDT

W1RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Heeere's Bonnie!!

KO5V, KQ6XA and K3XR like this.
  5. KQ6XA

KQ6XA Ham Member QRZ Page

The HF Oracle's Quatrains, Loosely Translated into Italian
    (Courtesy of Eusebio The Scribe, IU0JZN)

La traduzione approssimativa in Italiano

(Per gentile concessione dello Scriba, Eusebio IU0JZN)

Al minimo Sole, feriti giacciono i MegaHertz;
    Attendiamo il Grande Picco! I Potenti raggi!
    Invoco Amplifico, dea dell’acqua salata,
    l’Alta Frequenza, la Grande Propagazione!

Fra le ceneri della radiazione solare
    vaghiamo nella profonda Valle del Sole
    e fra i tenui raggi
    scrutiamo il futuro

È il tempo della Specola! Tempo di predizioni!
    Dal suo Telescopio Solare la maga vaticina:
    Io sono l’Oracolo del Tempio della Ionosfera.
    L’offerta di sale è per la Ionosfera.

Sorgete fiamme solari!
    Che la magia solare rinasca!
    Le Sorelle della Propagazione scrutano il disco solare.
    Quale futuro ci attende? Cosa vedete?

In questo anno 2018, dico e predico:
    Per due anni ancora il Sole langue e stenta
    a cinque anni da oggi raggiungerà il suo picco.
    Questo dunque è il messaggio, l’anno 2023!

Alla sua prossima salita, il sole al suo picco
    si coprirà con 120 macchie
    La sua Potenza non sarà massima,
    ma la sua protezione assicurata.

Scritto di suo pugno dalla maga
    da lei cantato in versi
    La Sibilla ha predetto il Ciclo
    Non c’è male nelle sue parole.

Undici anni per la prossima profezia;
    perché fra undici anni da oggi il sole tornerà per noi austero.
    Lunga vita e prosperità! Per Sempre!
    E che la forza sia con voi e vi custodisca.

6. W7DAO

W7DAO Ham Member QRZ Page

And lo a from the northwest came a being from deep within the mountain, neither priest or priestess or god or goddess, a being born from the solar wind, rumored to be a child of the aurora. Human? Maybe, or once it was, or not, does it matter? As it walked it moved like the purity of the spectrum; sometimes in and sometimes out of phase, sometimes in short and other times long steps. But all could keep up, all could hear no mater their size or shape, color, or whether they were standing or reclining. All who looked upon its countenance were moved to follow and relay its message. Periodically, it would stop, maybe within a few or many wavelengths from its last position, turn, spread its spectrum wide as it were, and emit the purest tones of information - a true wonder. All who heard were moved, their energy uplifted into new orbits of consciousness and hope. Its message was respectful, but rebellious to the status quo. A quiet confident contrast to the prognostications of the HF Oracle.

And it said....

Behold all who can receive me. I speak for the wind as I am child who is of the wind and of the dynamo you call Earth. My father is Sol, as your father is Sol. Are we all not descendants from many Sols? Aren't we all just leaves carried on Sol's breath. I speak to you now of what is to come. Not of past patterns but of new patterns. Not of old orders of seers claiming secrets and power to predict what is to come better than any other. We all can hear the voices on the wind. We all receive the same charge. I have come to you today to tell you the news, for my time to be near the ground is short. The good news. For the breath of Sol speaks now, draw near and resonant with its message.

"What comes next is not what was before. What was, is not to be now, or later. The lows of your ancestors are of the past, rejoice in the expanse of your propagation, your voices will be clear and heard wide. I Sol, am ready to provide what you seek."

Now praise Sol. Praise its servant the ionosphere. Give respect to the F layers, rejoice in the whimsy of the E, and do not spit upon the D; it to is an offspring of Sol.

"I Sol and no other, will raise up my light upon Earth and you and provide great numbers. Numbers that in ages of yore made your ancestors hearts sing praises to me. Be patient your time comes soon."

Thus has Sol spoken to me. 73 to all.

Relay content confirmed by the traffic system.

Let us all take a moment to reflect on this message. Praise Sol.

KQ6XA likes this.
  7. AK5B

AK5B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, say Fall 2023 CQWW weekend?

8. KQ6XA

There once was a young solar cycle,
    It marred the sun's disk but a trifle.
    It startled the masses,
    It alarmed all the classes.
    But Cycle Nineteen, it could not outrival.

NL7W, KO5V, W1YW and 2 others like this.
  9. AK5B

If that Sol you quote and praise so highly is none other than my old Brooklyn neighbor Solomon Dershowitz who lived at Utica and Ave. D he must be off his meds again. He was forever spouting nonsense like that about the sun, stars and planetary alignments every time I passed by his front porch.
    Back then he predicted Cycle 19 would be a dud; I kid you not!

KQ6XA likes this.
  10. AK5B

Well, heck, Bonnie; Cycle Eight sure gave 19 a run for it's money---you have to admit! I remember working a Tanzanian station running 3QRP (candlepower from three candles) using my catwhisker crystal set as we sailed through the Straits of Gibraltar one fine afternoon in 1778 ( or maybe it was '79; I can't quite remember which it's been so very long). Probably Grey Line helped but it was certainly a magnificent Cycle that rarely gets mentioned anymore. I think Cycle 8 is responsible for the "work the world with a wet noodle" cliche as pasta al dente was about all we had for antennas back in those days, too.

11. KQ6XA

12. SV1RUX

SV1RUX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh dear! Looks like us old timers will just make the solar max in 2025. Probably be our last!

W7UUU, AK5B, W5BIB and 1 other person like this.
  13. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Was thinking the same thing would be nice to go out on a "high note" in a manner of speaking.

AK5B likes this.
  14. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This brief post will probably create a firestorm amongst allot of fellow hamateurs for a number of reasons.:eek:

W4HM Solar Cycle 24 Update and Solar Cycle 25 Forecast- Short and to the point.

Solar minimum may begin later this year and may last longer than any previous solar cycle in the 20th century. When solar cycle 25 finally gets underway it could be the weakest since the middle of the 19th century with a SSN of under 50. Another Dalton type lesser grand solar minimum may occur with a corresponding cooling of earth’s climate. This would negate anthropogenic climate change if it were occurring which it isn’t.

On February 1, 2008 I forecasted that solar cycle 24 would be the smallest solar cycle in the past 100 years. That forecast verified. I also forecasted that solar cycle 25 would be almost non nonexistent.

AK5B and NL7W like this.
  15. KQ6XA

HF_Oracle_Prognostication_Cycle_25_Historic_Sunspot_Numbers_c2018_Bonnie_Crystal.jpg

Here's an image perspective on how The HF Oracle 2018 Prognostication for Sunspot 25 fits into the historic sunspot cycle record over the past 300 years.

Many thanks to the SILSO team and the Royal Observatory of Belgium, for the historic sunspot number graphics.

By the stern brow and waspish action,
    Which she did use as she was writing of it,
    It bears an angry tenour: pardon me;
    I am but as a guiltless messenger.
    -Shakespeare: Silvius, in "As You Like It", Act IV, Scene III

Ancient admonition:
    Legatus nec violatur,
    Nec laeditur!

(Don't kill the messenger)

-Bonnie Crystal KQ6XA,
    Scribe and Chronicler of The High Frequency Oracle

[​IMG]