ad: CQMM-1

Super Antenna MP1 Go Kit Deployment & JS8Call

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by OH8STN, Oct 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. OH8STN

OH8STN Ham Member QRZ Page

IMG_20181030_111629_095.jpg

NZ4C, AB0XE, N6CEK and 6 others like this.
  2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice compact setup.

W7ERY likes this.
  3. OH8STN

Thanks.
    Still hoping to streamline the cables between the radio, Raspberry Pi, and audio interface.
    Julian oh8stn

KI7ZRI and KC8VWM like this.
  4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Bluetooth would be nice instead of using a tangled array of cables, but it looks like it would require some homebrewing.

I played around with a Bluetooth CAT interface for rig control, but you still need cable for the audio portion of the digital interface.

5. OH8STN

Yeah that's where I'm at as well. Anyway since I'm using the eight nine one I didn't need the Bluetooth cat control interface. Cats control is done with a single USB cable on the 891. Actually, this is one of the reasons for integrating the Raspberry Pi into the 891. You may notice there is actually no wires between my tablet and the radio. So all of the software is running on the Raspberry Pi, and my tablet simply operates as a wireless screen. All I have to do now is shorten and clean up those wires.

KK4QDR, KE0RXF and KQ6XA like this.
  6. K9EZ

K9EZ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for all of the great videos.

On my Super Antenna, I tune each band, then mark the coil with a sharpie. It’s has yet to fail getting a decent tune. Set up and band change is much quicker and you don’t need to carry that card.

Kent K9EZ

7. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very enjoyable video,and well done. Atleast you dont have loud music playing in your video.

8. WA2LXB

WA2LXB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

GR8 video es demo...tnx!