ad: CQMM-1

Small Wonder Labs DSW-series QRP transceivers

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by Guest, Oct 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

n4qa writes "I own a DSW-40 and, recently, ordered one each, DSW-30 & DSW-20.
    These rigs are really cool monoband CW transceivers whose operating frequencies are determined by a "PIC" microcontroller and a Direct Digital Synthesis ( DDS ) chip. Having digital inputs for frequency control, these rigs may also be connected to a PC's printer port for faster frequency selection under program control."...

When mounted in the stock enclosure, a really attractive blue-anodized aluminum affair which measures 1.4" x 4.25" x 4.25" HWD, the rig weighs in at eleven ounces!

Features:
    Full-band coverage (and then some)with rock solid frequency stability.

Built-in mode B iambic keyer, 5 to 50 WPM (less paddles)

CW Audio Frequency Annunciation ( on command the rig tells you its transmit frequency )

2-watts nominal rf output power ( with clean keying and note ).

Rotary encoder tuning with detents ( 50 Hz / 200 Hz step sizes )

A really decent superhet receiver with RF gain control and RIT.

See http://www.smallwonderlabs.com for complete specs.

Disclaimer:
    I have no pecuniary interest in Small Wonder Labs or its products.

If you're looking for a rig that's small in size but LARGE in performance, take a DSW out for a spin. I use mine fixed and mobile.

73-1,

Bill, N4QA

2. W1QT

W1QT Guest

This is truely great QRP and cheap enough to allow us to experiment and expand with out its cost killing us when or if we should make an unsucessfull experimental enhancement. Good little prodject and Best of wishes to the Small wonder lab and his family on their NH building site.
    AA1QT

3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is the sort of thing that's going to bring some new blood into the hobby...not the gigabuck rigs that scare everyone off. I hope they do a bangup business. [​IMG]

eric

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Personally, I wouldn't mind if you did! We need to support this kind of company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.