ad: TinyPaddle-1

Please Respect the Frequencies for SSTV and QRP

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by CT2KFQ, Mar 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hate is a rather strong feeling, but I understand your frustration.

I am actually amused more than anything when I hear a group of OFs congregate on a frequency, look at the clock, declare themselves a "net," and then everyone checks in with "no traffic," as they proceed to have a conversation.

Nets neither deserve nor are granted any special claim to a frequency. Maybe a long time ago, but that time has long passed. The unchannelized, mixed mode HF bands are far more suitable for dynamic frequency selection. Just find a clear spot on the dial, setup, and begin your activity. If you wish to be courteous, of course, it's easier to move a party of two than it is a party of six who planned to gather somewhere. Depends on the attitude(s) of those who asked.

If you're polite about it, no one can legitimately criticise. What can actually be fun, when some belligerent, self-important "net control" comes along, is to invite that person and any of their cohorts to JOIN your QSO that is underway already! HOO BOY! They look at their radios and tilt their heads like they've just received a transmission from outer space. What?

"Do you know who we are?"
    o_O

AA3C, K5MUG and NA1S like this.
  2. KE0WRU

KE0WRU Ham Member QRZ Page

some would complain even if you hung them with a brand new rope

3. CA3FJK

CA3FJK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

this post and its responses show why ham radio is what it is today in 2022. go figure.

4. W9YW

W9YW Moderator Emeritus QRZ Page

I disagree entirely. You had to dig deeply to resurrect this thread. Look for the bad stuff and you will find it. Look for the good stuff, or add to it, and you'll find each to be a joy.

73 Tom W9YW