ad: M2Ant-1

"On The Air" with the ARRL's Becky Schoenfeld W1BXY!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6NAZ, Jan 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KI6NAZ

KI6NAZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

NI4U, W1XK, ZL2SCI and 9 others like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent!

KI6NAZ likes this.
  3. KD4LT

KD4LT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My plan is not renewing my membership with the ARRL but with Becky's youtube stream I may reconsider ?
    And do all youtubers drink beer when interviewing ?
    Thanks

KM6DAK likes this.
  4. KI6NAZ

KI6NAZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

IDK about all Youtubers, but this one after a long week at work does.

W8WOT, KM6DAK and K9GLS like this.
  5. KA2ZIU

KA2ZIU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very uplifting. I feel that maybe (maybe) the ARRL finially gets it, and is stepping up the effort with people like Becky leading the charge. I want to try to contact her in regards to a great CW club/school I belong to, that is online with classes, and the membership is growing each month, with hams from all over the world.

N0TZU and W2CSI like this.
  6. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent! Once upon a time there were Novice licenses and elmers to help new hams get started. It was easy to get help. Now things are different: elmers are fewer and we are more spread out, busy, and isolated as a society. The content here is exactly what newbies need and the format is accessible and familiar in the 21st century. It’s both authoritative and encouraging. And as new hams get eased into the hobby we can reduce isolation and reinforce ham radio as a community.

G3SEA, N0TZU and N0IRS like this.
  7. KA2ZIU

KA2ZIU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The two guys that started the club/school are great guys, love the hobby, and especially CW. Now, due the success of the club, more great teachers have stepped up and teaching more classes each week. They have online classes in a classroom setting, and you have classes for newcomers where they guide you as you work 'in time" a CW QSO. We also have field trips, and QRP outings, and the best part is through word of mouth and other communications venues and methods. The membership is growing fast, and be part of this great club is an honor. To see guys who came in not knowing CW at all (some very little) and in a short period of time on the air making contacts is quite amazing.

G3SEA, W1YW and W2CSI like this.
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep.

They get it!

G3SEA and N0TZU like this.
  9. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Great idea and thanks for posting!
    I worked two female operators in the NAQP yesterday and that was great to see.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  10. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very good! The new magazine looks great. I volunteer to be an online Elmer once you get that cranked up.

11. K4WPC

K4WPC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Very happy to see this magazine come to fruition; a most needed tool for folks new to the hobby as well as those who are maybe not very active because life gets in the way. I am a General, but not very active; so, I’m looking forward to the ongoing simplification of this vast acronym driven mystery called Ham Radio. Rodney K4WPC

12. EA5IPC

EA5IPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice!! I love this new idea. I met Becky Schoenfeld at the ARRL headquarters and she is very friendly and professional in her work. She collaborated in the publication about the article of the ARRL in the spaniard amateur radio magazine "radioaficionados". Again, I loved that new idea! Congratulations and good luck!

13. KM2KM

KM2KM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice podcast, I am listening to that while thumbing through "On The Air" - I've been a ham since 1982 and subscriber to QST. I like the content so far. one issue is the type color - light blue text is hard to read on the present background. The reverse text (White on light blue) in the repeater article is definitely a bad graphic design.

Here is an example of what I can hardly see.

Please stick with black on white - light blue will not cut the mustard.

Good luck with it.

Kris KM2KM

14. K8MGA

K8MGA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd renew, if they grand fathered in all the Advanced License holders to the Extra Class. Otherwise I say continue to "boycott" the ARRL !

KD4LT likes this.
  15. N7JI

N7JI Ham Member QRZ Page

You realize that's an FCC thing, right?

N8YA and ND6M like this.