ad: Radclub22-1

Get back on Ten Meters de Gary K8JCR

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K8JCR, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't believe we will lose 10 meters if we don't use it, since HF amateur radio bands are set by international treaty. So the FCC just can't sell off 10 meters. At any rate, I've set up an old Realistic HTX-100 in my shack, and am planning on installing a 10m antenna on the roof of the house at some point in the near future. It's just one of those "round tuit" projects. But I have hooked up an old CB in my shack so that when I hear traffic on it (usually the overpowered stations on Ch. 6) I know that 10 may be open as well.

One of my recent projects is converting an old Cobra 29 CB to a 10m CW QRP rig. I just need to build a BFO so I'll be able to hear CW on it. I've got a few other old CB's I wouldn't mind converting to the 10m AM band at 29.000-29.200. But again, I need more of those round tuits.

2. KC3MIO

KC3MIO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This thread is like the 10 meter band. It has a little flurry of activity and then goes dormant. It’s a big band and I don’t think many hams try it out. Maybe a few CQs and then bye. Too much band, too few ops, erratic propagation. How to connect?

3. KV9Y

KV9Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been making FT-8 QSOs on 10M every day for the past week or so. Not many, but a few. Heard some SSB last weekend during the day. I miss the days of working JA with 50 watts. :p

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Art
    The Arctic Amateur Radio Experimenters club will be having our virtual monthly club meetings, the fourth Friday of every month on 28.4, 6pm Alaska time. We DO want to get some Techs to use their HF privileges!

5. N3VEZ

N3VEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I
    I check the band most days and log a couple QSOS a week. FT8 mostly.

6. M0YRX

M0YRX Ham Member QRZ Page

Couple of USA stations last night( and another two heard) plus Ecuador and a couple of stations from Brazil worked made for a nice evening on 10M SSB .

7. VA6TD

VA6TD Ham Member QRZ Page

28.4 I'll get on there this afternoon! well after 5:30 that is.

8. VA6TD

VA6TD Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing up here but some weird tone. I'll give it another go mobile today. Maybe there is some interference from something near by.

9. WB2PMC

WB2PMC Ham Member QRZ Page

great! I was off the air for close to 30 years, only getting back on oct 2018. back in the day I used to love 10 meters, worked some great DX in 89-90, including a VK and a ZL. Made my first contact on 10 the other day since Ive been back on 28525. gonna keep trying, maybe get a 10-10 number this time around.

10. M0YRX

Some good trans Atlantic action yesterday. To have South America ,the Caribbean and the United States all on 10 metre SSB with in a few hours ( 16.00>22.00 utc ) into the UK was great entertainment.

11. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

10. AM 29.000

12. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

What makes you think that? Just curious....

Dan WQ4G

13. KC3MIO

KC3MIO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

10 has been off and on here in northeast PA and I’m still looking for a trans Atlantic contact. I usually operate on my deck with 20 watts. Best so far have been Nevada and Guadalupe. Most of the action seems to be from 28.380- 28.450. Where are the ops in the UK hanging out?

14. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

I fail to see the fun in FT-8...

Dan WQ4G

KG7LGG likes this.
  15. M0YRX

KC3MIO , mainly between 28.400 and 28.500 but if there's a sniff of DX on SSB anywhere between 28.300 and up ( high percentage of chance that +28.600 might get missed ? )