ad: MLSons-1

Dale Richards NG5R SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WB5MG, Oct 10, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WB5MG

WB5MG Ham Member QRZ Page

Obituary of Dale Richards
    Dale Richards of Malakoff, TX passed away peacefully at his home on Tuesday, October 9, 2018.

Dale was born to his parents Ralph Richards and mother Jane Stauffer.

He is preceded in death by his parents, his wife; Caroline Richards, and step-son; Clayton Speake.

He is survived by his son; John and wife Anna Richards, step-daughter; Jacquline Beames, step-son; Tommy Speake, grandchildren; Jack Richards, Mary Richards, Alex Richards, Justin Gresham, and Ashley Gresham.

Dale was a member of the Malakoff Masonic Lodge, and an advocate of the Cedar Creek Amature Radion Club.

A memorial service will be held at Huckabee-Tomlinson Funeral Home Saturday, October 20 at 10:30 a.m.

Print Add Condolence

2. WB5MG

Dale was a member of our group on 3848 every morning and will greatly be missed , If you ever heard him on the radio you would not forget his voice .

3. WB5MG

4. WB5MG

RIP Dale , glad that you are united with Katherine now , Your HAPPY NEW DAY comments and you humor is greatly missed on 3848 everyday, you are missed. this goes for the entire the group. God speed , I especially miss you going to breakfast every morning, it always made me hungry , I believe I have lost weight since you left, Its been a few months now and still hard that you have left us . so Happy New Day to you in heaven , We will miss you at the anuall BBQ this year,,,,Tom

5. W5WN

W5WN QRZ Lifetime Member #379 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I used to talk to Dale regularly in the early '90s on 3813. There was a SSTV group that decided to take over the frequency and the group moved to other places. I lost track of them, but 25 years later I ran into Dale on a 40 meter group and he still remembered me. I also saw him at hamfests a few times. He was a good guy and will be missed by many.

6. W5NIG

W5NIG Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, you would never forget Dale after you started listening to him, I can still hear his deep voice!
    I'd been off the air with health issues for a number of years and just this year realized he, and several other friends, aren't here any more...
    I still expect to hear him throwing out his call on 7.213 every time I turn on the radio!