ad: MyersEng-1

Cuban Government Jamming 40 meter US HAM BAND

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by K4KKC, Jul 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just saw a youtube video about some serious official jamming on 40M going on since Sunday? I have not found a mention in the titles on here yet or news. So, does that mean that it is somehow unknown to people or is this something VERBOTEN??
    Some sites might call it "political" which is a threadlocker.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    KC7ZXY and KO4ESA like this.
  2. W4DRO

W4DRO Ham Member QRZ Page

They all want kumbaiah so they can continue touting their inclusive (i.e. take money from as many people as possible, including those who would agree with what these governments are doing) radio community. It's a tragedy that capitalism has brought us where even bad things aren't fought but supported all in the name of a dollar.

3. N4CKC

N4CKC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have seen a couple threads about this. They say it is Cuba jamming 40m.

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

yes we do. Using my old-school Bellini–Tosi direction finder, I'm seeing two LOPs.... one pointing to Bauta, the other near Quivican.

5. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

They have all been trained well and operate through fear. I miss Wayne Green more an more these days. I had a chance to watch the series Chernobyl a few days back . I don't watch TV so I missed it. Clearly points out the behavior that develops in that type of system once anyone has the slightest bit of comfort and what they will do to hold on to it. It's sad people forget were only here for the blink of an eye and how they give up any chance of finding or moving a truth forward.

K0ELB, KC7JNJ, N1SER and 4 others like this.
  6. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

It’s only been what, a day or two before the newsletter went out? The most obvious explanation is that the newsletter was written prior to the jamming, not something nefarious.

KO4ESA likes this.
  7. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

8. KO4ESA

9. W4DRO

It's quite easy to amend a news letter like that to include such big news. You simply include it while you post the rest that was prewritten. It's negligent to exclude it.

N1SER, N1IPU and (deleted member) like this.
  10. KO4ESA

11. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Feel free to you offer your services as a volunteer to keep the newsletter up to the second.

KO4ESA likes this.
  12. W4DRO

Consider this my application. We can't have the largest radio society screwing up like that, but if I find they put on their blinders not out of lack of time to update but out of desire to be inclusive to the guilty party then I'll let you know that it was nefarious and they're working against our best interests.

Somehow I don't think they're gonna hire me.

N3FAA, N1SER, N1IPU and 1 other person like this.
  13. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

OK. I figured it would be in a news forum or such. I did not look in every possible niche for mention. Seems that it would be noticed by alot of ops.

KO4ESA likes this.
  14. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me ask you where do you find this info here?
    Have you checked the ARRL website?
    Where do you find the info there?

K0UO and W4DRO like this.
  15. KO4ESA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.