ad: portazero-1

“QRO CLUB” OFFERS FREE DXPEDITION TRAVEL AMPS

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W1YW, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

What did you have in mind, OM?

Chip W1YW

2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Some of the spare ceramic tubes. FUN puzzle--Can you identify these:) (Obviously I know). Hint: all have the same pin config.
    tubes.jpg

3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

About every week but what is it to you Nathan?

Yep, a real suckers auction. $500 and no guarantee and no returns....sounds like something you would do. And knowing you a person who blew them would be charged a lot more then that. Some NOS pairs have gone for up to $1300.

Anyone not trained or accidentally Nathan. With 100W of drive, a typical 150W+ ALC spike from a xcvr and no grid protection circuitry and say bye bye.

I wouldnt trust anything you say Nathan unless it is in writing and witnessed.

The transformer mounts inside and a cooling enclosure is easy if you have sheet metal experience and simple tools.

With you it has always been me , me, me Nathan, you talk a lot about yourself.

Actually it was 2013 according to that but I cant expect you to be accurate in any case. Since I dont post on the cluster I also expect very few list me.

I havent any idea, since DXCC is such a sham with remote stations even on other continents counting I decided I had better ways to have fun on the radio.

Why bother as Ive had Navassa since Wayne Green, W2NSD, was there in 58 with the KC4AF group. Working it again just to claim I was one of the 140,000 + they worked didnt appeal to me.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Learn to think before you open the flapper Gary, it just catches flies otherwise.

5. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nonsense. Chip has generously given back to the hobby in a number of ways over at least the past few years that I am aware of.

If he was just about "me me me" then why would he be loaning amplifiers to benefit the hobby, assuming all the financial risk himself? That does not seem like a "me me me" thing to do.

Normally I would not get involved in defending Chip - he's quite capable of doing that himself - and in fact I sense that he may not like me interjecting - But your petty, arbitrary, attack is just completely out of place here. Baffling. Go take a nap and calm down, then go do something else.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    W1YW and KO6WB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.