ad: Retevis-1

Update a record field

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by IU1GOD, Apr 18, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. IU1GOD

IU1GOD Ham Member QRZ Page

hallo to everyone
    first of all, yes, I've a xml subscription (the XML Logbook Data one)

I'm doing some test and I'm able to fetch data from the logbook in these way:

http://logbook.qrz.com/api?KEY=xxxxxxxxxx&ACTION=FETCH&TYPE:ADIF,STATUS:ALL,MAX:100

now, i simply would to update the qsl field

the only way i've fount to do it is to upload a new record, setting it as "replace"

[....... xxxxx ....... ] means all other fields

KEY=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx&ACTION=insert&OPTION=replace&ADIF=<qsl_sent:1>Y<qsldate:8>20160418 [....... xxxxx ....... ] <EOR>

but in this way i've to pass all the fields (and values), not simply the two one i would like to update

and, more important, i discovered in the api document, that if i replace a record, i delete the confirmation for that record.

any suggestion for me , please ?

2. OE4KSF

OE4KSF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes , I'm looking at the same challenge :)

It would be nice if the api for FETCH MAX: == 1 could have an option - sying LOCK=Y - that would lock the record for 1 minute for others to write - read ok

And that the returned record - could have an unique id for that record and an UPDATE ACTION could supply this unique id , and 1 to many fields to update

Another thing is that there are fields on the edit function on the website , that I find in the returned data - as

OSL Info => QSL Card Sent and Received