ad: M2Ant-1

Tom Kneitel,W4XAA

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WB7VEH, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WB7VEH

WB7VEH Ham Member QRZ Page

i just got word from from a dif web site that long time ham and writer,tom kneitel,w4xaa has [passed away;he had been the founding editor for CQ and popular communications,ive not seen this in major news,nor on any other ham sites yet,but i wanted to pass it along to all of you,radio has indeed lost a freind'

2. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope this isn't true.

Tom was Editor of PopComm when I did some writing for them in the 1990s.

He ran a good magazine and it was a pleasure to contribute to it.

3. KE8BG

KE8BG Ham Member QRZ Page

:( Sorry to hear that. I cut my teeth reading old hand me down issues of CQ magazine with his articles. I want to think a couple other magazines as well.
    I am sure I have some books still on my shelf here..

He'll be missed..

Duane

4. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

I also grew up reading Tom. He authored a lot of articles for scanner/CB stuff as well as many ham radio related articles. Lots of stuff in CQ in years past. I was a little surprised this was moved from T&O. Tom made a big contribution to ham radio.
    Tom WA4ILH

5. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow!!!

Tom was an icon. I enjoyed reading his stuff. :(

6. OH1AXV

OH1AXV Ham Member QRZ Page

Really sorry to hear that Tom has passed! I enjoyed reading his columns and I´ve got one of his books on my shelf - it´s long past its sell by date, but I still relish Tom´s humorous remarks about his "own" circuit ideas! Tom shall have a special place in ham´s heaven!

7. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

If I recall correctly

He ran articles and handle was Tom Cat I believe his article was Catting with Tom Cat or something like that.

also I think he was on a ARRL DX pedition I think if that was the same person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.