ad: Sussex-1

The TYT TH-9800 Quad Band Transceiver now released

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K4TEC, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KC2UGV

KC2UGV Ham Member QRZ Page

...deleted by me....

2. W9ALN

W9ALN Ham Member QRZ Page

With SSB capability, I would purchase this in a minute.

3. W1GHR

W1GHR Ham Member QRZ Page

Good Morning,
    I also have been looking at this radio. I kinda like it because, it is smaller than a lot of others. I have a question about them and, I am not trying to sound like a dumb fool but here it goes.
    What is the difference between the:
    TYT Th809ch plus
    the pro
    Plus quad
    Just the quad band
    Quad band duel
    And I saw one that says truck and car
    Hope that this is not a dumb question because, I have read all of the radio options and, I truly don't see any.

Glenn
    KC3DWC

4. K8CPA

K8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

radio mart? you mean, that crook who ripped people off on ebay? :confused:

5. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

So, a "copy" of a "knockoff" is essentially a genuine copy of a fake original. Got it. ;)

Incidentally, my wife and I each have FT-8900R's and love them. While we have considered other mobile radios, there is nothing out there that does what we want (50/146/450-mHz) and does it as well for the price and size. The ten meter band, to us, is purely a bonus. Yaesu parts and service are top notch quality and reasonably priced.

6. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Now that is golden. First a chinese company sueing another Chinese company for Intellectual property theft. That's choice. So who's paying Yaesu, Kenwood and Icom for the the same thing? Anytone, Baefong, Wouxong, they are all crap. This is greed pure and simple from those who sell it to those who buy it. Remember that old adage you get what you pay for? It applies here as well. Go ahead and brag up the 39.00 handy and brag about how great it is. Anyone buying that junk is supporting the same thing. But for a chinese company to complain about Intellectual property theft that's rich!

7. KG5GMW

KG5GMW Ham Member QRZ Page

antenna

I found the Tenq Hh9900. I don't know much about these radios and/or antennas I just happened to be looking at that radio to buy when I seen ur post. If u bought this system and have used it yet what do u think? I am actually a new to the amateur world but not to radios. However, these are very different from mil. radio systems and nets. Thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.