ad: wmr-1

Retevis RT90 Mobile Dual Band DMR Mobile Radio Review

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Feb 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

2. N7IBC

N7IBC Ham Member QRZ Page

It appears to be a re-branded Connect Systems radio.

Same features, same panel, same screen layout.

I have one primary question;

Can you turn off Dual watch?

3. W2TH

W2TH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Its a re-branded TYT radio, not connect systems. Still Chinese junk none the less.

KT5OT, KD5BVX, KV4BL and 6 others like this.
  4. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Press P4 RDM

5. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

I like the radio a lot.

Only fault like all Chinese radios I have owned , volume on 1 too quiet but on 2, too loud.
    My fix a small speaker with control.

$55. and im on sats in the easy chair.

6. W2MGF

W2MGF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

More FCC Unproved Junk !!

KT5OT, KD7BBO, NU4R and 1 other person like this.
  7. KN4MPC

KN4MPC Ham Member QRZ Page

AnyTone is supposed to be releasing a dual channel mobile version.
    Not a fan of the look or lack of remote display mount I've seen but my 868 has been pretty good and being able to use the same code plug that I already have would be nice.
    I heard stay away from the TYT DMR mobile unit which looks to be the same as the Retevis but for the price maybe it's to a bad option.
    Why aren't there more mobile DMR unit selections? Is it because of the cheap HTs? I can't justify the cost of a Motorola DMR mobile
    I thought about getting an 878 because of the roaming features and using an external antenna but that doesn't give me the extra transmit power I want in a mobile.

8. K5JEF

K5JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

KK4VRE and 4X1ST like this.
  9. W2TH

W2TH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish Kenwood would take the TM-V71A radio and add DMR to it. Or Yaseu and Icom would add DMR to their dual band mobile and HT rigs. Get with the program fellas! I would gladly pay the extra money for an Amateur type DMR radio rather then dealing with Kenwood or other commercial grade DMR radios at considerably more cost or wasting money on Chinese Junk.
    Only problem I see is that the big 3 will not justify manufacturing amateur DMR radios because they have all been beaten to the puch by the Chinese and they can't compete with their price point and the brain dead Hammies that can't stop buying them.

I will say that the Anytone group seems to have their $hit together much better than the others from China.

N6YDT and KV4BL like this.
  10. WM3M

WM3M Ham Member QRZ Page

This is an exact copy of the TYT MD-9600 with a different sticker on it. I just bought a MD-9600, it was DOA, would not receive or transmit on the ham bands. I really wanted a mobile type DMR rig but there just are not many available. Had a CS-800D and did not like it. MD-9600 is going back for a refund, guess I will keep looking?
    Emory WM3M

11. AD4C

AD4C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well it look like I am a lucky guy or I know how to program these radios.
    I have had so far three MD9600 so far and all of them has worked well,only one of them fail on the PA but it was my fault to be using it with a very high swr without knowing my antenna was defective and it was normal to burn the PA circuit that in fact there were two pin diodes burned, The other two has been working very well, RX is very sensitive on FM and DMR as well the TX makes 50W on VHF and 40W on UHF on both modes.
    The only dislike I have is that it will not works as a full dual watch radio meaning even you have a UHF freq in top display and a VHF freq in lower display when one of the channels is used by a user, the other will be muted until the station stop talking.
    These radios are FCC aproved and been sold in the US by many stores even amazon,com for about $280, so not a big deal, so you guys who say this is chinese junk, have your pocket reaady to pay over a grand when Motorola decide to sell a "real not junk" radio that be dual band and dual mode.

AD4C

KK4HPY and KD9JMQ like this.
  12. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have not had a problem with the TYT MD-380 UHF. Makes a serviceable FM HT in that mode if you run out of DMR machines.

13. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Mee Too... :) I own 4 of them and nary an issue. Even "flashed" 2 of them so I could have all the callsigns.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

14. KN4MPC

KN4MPC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm just going by what I've read.
    I personally don't like the screen.
    I'm just surprised there aren't more choices in the mobile market.

15. N3RSJ

N3RSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

1# Still same looking Radio So..unless this retivis or Beavis is $129.99 then that's news.
    ?No price mentioned?
    2#Someone wants turn off dual mode Ahh no how bout a ft 8900r looking radio with
    2 vols 2 squelches twin band display to left and right , full or half duplex sub band muting
    on transmit DMR radio with full cross-band repeat to get to repeater that needs a S/7 just
    to get into it without robot-poppin" on your ht in digital from simplex to repeater off your station.
    Full GPS ,APRS Remote control cross-band repeat on/off via dtmf + switch groups via dtmf radio voice
    confirmation of new group selected (REMOTE is not Impossible old (Alinco DR-600T and Kenwood V71 does this )
    A So I think I'll wait... technoligy is always getting better .