ad: elecraft

Not a great start for me Xvention

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by W8AAZ, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KE8WO

KE8WO Ham Member QRZ Page

A local newspaper article on the after effects.

Attached Files:

2. WB5THT

WB5THT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I will never be back, it's easier to buy stuff online than fight the massed crowds to save 10 or 15%. I think this venue has some incurable defects.

3. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow...

300 cars stuck in the mud. That's pretty big.

Amazing.

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

5. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I was there, and plan to return.

I have learned a few lessons about outdoor events especially any sort of Flea Market, besides the advice to bring Money, and some of that in smaller sizes like ones, fives etc..

1, Bring or wear Waterproof; or water resistant footwear.

2, wear a hat, or at least bring one.

3, bring a jacket, or sweatshirt, even if a 85f day is forecast, there is often a chance of a sudden unforeseen shower.

4, bring an extra pair of socks.

5, water and snacks, bring at least 2 bottles of water and a snack, perhaps a protein bar, not a chocolate candy bar, LOL, but something that will survive in a hot car.

Reminder to self, Next year when going to wander bring along the folding cart that was left in the vehicle...... I found some large stuff for a decent price,
    and it was a long ways back to the vehicle. I decided to not make the purchase as I was already carrying stuff and had no way to carry More Stuff.
    Too tired and lazy to go back and forth one more time.

6. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty much the first really negative reports I've seen about Hamvention 2017.

7. KA7RRA

KA7RRA Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

butt you can always say you bought it at Dayton!!! that well had 50 cents to the resale value

8. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

This is NOT the premier event of our hobby. It may be for you but it certainly is not for me.

9. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe the walking part of this fest is actually good for ham radio enthusiasts! Just think..... if we all start walking for just 10 minutes a day, starting today, we will all be in great shape fore Xenia 2019! And, yes, I do understand that a small majority are really physically unable. But the rest....Park the F250 4X4 OFF ROAD EDITION a bit further from the doors. It will do you good.

Just my humble oh-pinion.

ND6M likes this.
  10. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is last year! Start a new discussion!

K2HAT likes this.
  11. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

But this one is more fun to watch. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.