ad: chuckmartin

HRD Software, LLC releases version 5.11a

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

HRD reads the computer time as far as I know. Sounds like a problem with the computer not HRD. Eh?? I edit QSO times in HRD all the time.

2. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

Bug submitted.

I forgot to ask, can I get a job reporting bugs? I am currently unemployed and available :cool:

73, Jim KH2D

3. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

Do a quick test please. Edit a contact now. Just change an RST and see if the saved time doesn't change by an hour..... I edit stuff occasionally also. But if I edit a QSO from 3 weeks ago (right now), the time gets backed up by an hour. The program SHOULD uses the system clock (which by the way is correct on the box), but I think it's hosing around with daylight savings time calculations, which is causing the problem.

Times entered and editing things were no problem yesterday. I think after 2 AM tonite (EST), when the time REALLY changes, things will start working again.

73, Jim KH2D

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

GMT changes before we do, Everything should be good in the morning.

Can you write web pages ? A am looking for someone to write some asp and php code for my computer company.

5. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

2 AM EST the Winblows clock jumped to 3 AM and HRD fixed itself. Have to wait until next year to fix this bug I guess....

73, Jim KH2D

6. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

another good feature would be if it could automatically compute if i had a country confirmed, or not, or an alarm to let me know an unconfirmed country is on the cluster without me having to make alarms for that. Many other free programs already have that feature.

7. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Keep getting timeouts while attempting HRD download. Downloaded large files from another site to ensure no trouble on my end.

8. VK7XX

VK7XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Just thought that I would point out that you forgot something in this (and the previous) upgrade.

You forgot to include one of those really ugly disgusting splash screens for the Rotator startup. Unfortunately, the current one looks reasonable, therefore failing to match the crappy ones on other parts of the package.

John

9. WJ6R

WJ6R Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't worry, we're working on more crappy ones to replace the good ones! LOL

10. K7PT

K7PT Guest

So, when will 5.12, free update, be released as promised to fix the bugs generated anew in 5.1 and 5.11a?

11. KK4BMV

KK4BMV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

CAUTION::::::: I paid the money. I have gotten no support or returned calls. Tried to email but they come
    back undeliverable:::::::::::::::::: Not a good sign!!!!

12. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Bummer that you are having problems.

Sounds like Support is working the same as the Software.

I could not believe they missed the Dayton release of V6 like they verbally promised.

13. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmm..... Ya' know, I've heard the same on some of the Packet BB about their new TNC suite.... Hard to tell whether that was BS or not, but I'd give them a day or two to respond to your post here. With all the accolades and moral support they've received here from the QRZ staff, they just about have too....

BTW, it is no surprise V.6 wasn't released on time. We should have no problem with that, doo-doo occurs, and NOBODY wants them to release their program until it is ready....what surprises me is that with all of the threads announcing that HRD v. 6 would the greatest thing since peanut butter, no threads were started that said, "Release of V.6 will be delayed".

Hopefully the whole deal wasn't an effort to sucker a whole bunch of people out of their money........ I guess we'll have to wait and see.

14. KK4BMV

KK4BMV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I gave them weeks to reply. I really think they are going to take all the $59.95 subscribers
    they can get and haul butt. They are using us as beta testers for free so the software should
    remain free. Now I see that V.6 is months away. What a ripoff. :mad:

15. W4ABC

W4ABC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Chuck.

I'll bet if you give a call, someone will answer or return your call.

813-434-4667 - http://hrdsoftwarellc.com/services/default.html

It's up to you get the answers you need to make the program work for you as it was intended or relegate yourself to never having had the last word (where it counts).

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
    www.w4abc.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.