ad: MyersEng-1

60th Acadiana Hamfest 2020

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by WM5TS, Feb 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WM5TS

WM5TS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It's finally time everyone! The biggest and best hamfest on the Gulf Coast with the best food around is happening on March 13th and 14th 2020! Come out and have fun with us in Rayne, La. right off I 10.

http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/index.htm upload_2020-2-28_21-9-17.png

upload_2020-2-28_21-10-34.png

Our Hamfest is dedicated to the recent members of our club who became Silent Keys - Larry LeBlanc
    KE5KJD and Joy Breaux N5YCS.

Hours: Friday 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Saturday 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Admission (one price covers both days): Pre-Registration $5.00 - At the Door $8.00 - Free admission
    to students with current ID card.

Ladies Bingo $20.00

Talk-in: W5DDL 146.820 (PL 103.5)

VE Testing: 9:00 AM Saturday

MAIN PRIZES
    SATURDAY GRAND PRIZE
    Ameritron AL-811 Amplifier with MFJ-994B Automatic Tuner
    Must be present to win this prize due to shipping costs.

OTHER MAIN PRIZES
    MFJ-259 Antenna Analyzer
    MFJ-4230MV Power Supply
    MFJ -1126 Power Strip

You do not have to be present to win other main prizes but you have to be present to win door prizes.
    See ticket schedule.
    Check website often for updates. http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/index.htm

Attached Files:

2. WM5TS

WM5TS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Due to the outbreak of the Corvid 19 virus and by proclamation of Gov. John Bell Edwards the Saturday events of the 60th annual Rayne Hamfest were cancelled. As Vice President of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association I would like to personally thank everyone for understanding and the well wishes offered. We had patrons from as far away as Arizona that we had to turn away at the door. I was reminded that these Ham Fest are not only about forums and shopping but also serve as a social event for any amateur operator who wishes to show up. We have a great hobby with great people!!

I would like to respectfully request that everyone reading this consider patronizing the vendors listed on the Ham Fest flyer above. They came out and set up on Friday and had to tear down that night or the next day. These vendors came a long way to support the hobby and the club so consider ordering from them please.

Thank you and hope to see you next year!

Derek WM5TS