ad: M2Ant-1

K4MIA Special Event Honoring MIA's and POW's

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AD4XV, Sep 14, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KO4TXV

KO4TXV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried most of the day but until I upgrade in a few weeks, I can only work 10m. I looked at a couple of the DX Spotter sites and none of the contacts are on 10m. I will keep trying but maybe K4MIA stations quit that band.

2. K6RWM

K6RWM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have worked him twice, CW. God bless those who are MIA and particularly POW s, (hopefully not) , as well as the wounded, PTSD and surviving physically/emotionally wounds yet today.

KO4CES, NL7W and KO4TXV like this.
  3. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, AD4XV and company, for keeping their memories alive. :)

God bless them all,
    Steven, NL7W

4. KL4TW

KL4TW Ham Member QRZ Page

AMerican Legion Post 28 in Alaska here! When can we catch you? I have FT8 and Phone of course.

5. N1PMK

N1PMK Ham Member QRZ Page

Just saw this today. Gonna see if I can make contact. I fly the POW flag 24/7 right below the Colors.
    VN and ODS Vet.

6. K4VVA

K4VVA Ham Member QRZ Page

John/K4MIA/P5, Thank you for activation.

7. KO4TXV

KO4TXV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I continued to try all during the POW*MIA Special Event but could not seem to make a contact on 10m. Better luck next year when I can do it on other HF frequencies. As a veteran and a member of a POW*MIA focused organization, I am proud of amateur radio operators who take the time to honor and remember our heros.

8. W4JDY

W4JDY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ask that of the current White House leadership and that of the majority of their party.

For anyone dealing with the VA, they are struggling with an overload of patients, and for the new MVP program, volunteers are sustaining everything.

Instead of lamenting fallen comrades as in my 24 years of enlisted and officer experience from the Nam through Gulf War I, we should be concentrating on those still alive and suffering from degrading medical conditions, massive disabilities and a PTSD body count the current leadership has down played due to its bungled retreat from Afghanistan.

We carry the ghosts of those we opposed and they did not come home, as well as, friends that live in our minds. And that is all the MIAs eventually have proven to be since the end of the Nam.

Time to carry on as we were trained and bonded to do, and redirect our efforts on those before they become MFN - Missing From Neglect, especially this critical period from November 2022 through 2024.

There are no MIAs as they are still with us regardless of those those places with no names.

"You may be lost, but you are not forgotten. For those who have travelled far, to fight in foreign lands, know that the soldier's greatest comfort is to have his friends close at hand. In the heat of battle it ceases to be an idea for which we fight. Or a flag. Rather we fight for the man on our left, and we fight for the man on our right. And when armies are scattered and the empires fall away, all that remains is the memory of those precious moments that we spent sided by side."

VA3WEX, N8ZI, N1PMK and 1 other person like this.
  9. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

... the very same can be said of the last administration(s) as well. Love'em or hate'em, but Jake Auchincloss, Seth Moulton, Pete Buttigeig all served, and in theater too, along with a host of others in the Senate, the House of Reps, and the Administration(s) posts.

Please consider joining Navy Together We Served (navy.togetherweserved.com), it's a free, closed Military networking site, as well as a nice place to create a shadow box and career history.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  10. KD5TXX

KD5TXX Ham Member QRZ Page

First time I worked him was probably his first year. We chatted a bit about things in common. Have worked him many times. Hope to get him CW this year. Thanks you for doing this.

11. KT4PH

KT4PH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the tip on the website, I'll check it out. Not to take anything away from MIA/KIAs or combat veterans, my big gripe is why they have discounted Cold War service? I was in just a little after 'Nam and got out a few years early for the Desert Storm action, but does that mean that the Cold War was not an actual event? We did have people killed and injured during our deployments to "show the flag". Just curious what others who served during my time think.

12. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Agree. I, like you, missed all the action [thank God] as I was in from '84 to '88.

If you go on NTWS and look up my name (I am also a volunteer admin), go to my pictures, and you will see I have the Cold War Service Certificate from SecDef; you can get one as well... and it's free. There is also a corresponding medal; however, you have to purchase that and as of now it is only recognized by the Louisiana National Guard... works are underway to make it an official DoD award.

Also, you can get a free VA Veteran's ID card... better than nothing.

I recommend, you add something about your military service on your QRZ-profile, as it always a nice talking point on HF. I had a lengthy profile, but trimmed it up to the bare essentials; I even had the AF&AM Square & Compass on my page too, but that elicited an email from an unwanted, vulgar and vile individual.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  13. W4MCX

W4MCX Ham Member QRZ Page

Got em' first day!..tnx agn Bro! 67-69' Army!

14. KC0YSH

KC0YSH Ham Member QRZ Page

My misfortune to have missed your event. Have been flying the flag for last 30 years, hopefully some will not forget.
    Anyway to get cert. Without making the event? Kc0ysh. Good on Wed. Much thanks

15. W4JDY

W4JDY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Because the majority of them today sit in the Democratic Party elite and then as in today are responsible for the withdraws from Saigon and Afghanistan, and the enabling of the world war to come. After the NAM, do you really think the public cares ??? Since voting is a privilege, if you do not service 2 years active and four years reserve duty, you simply do not vote - time to quit giving away our privileges and freedoms for those sitting now in power for their political power and votes. My 24 years thru enlisted and officer ranks and ranked #1 in each year group were wasted on Americans, but not my country or my comrades. There are no more MIAs - just victims of the American people's indifference to the military and war in general.