ad: Halibut-1

Bio detail - can no longer see others bio

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by W3TA, Jan 15, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W3TA

W3TA Ham Member QRZ Page

I can no longer see the bio detail when I query a callsign. Somcetimes when searching the net, I come across a snippet of a QRZ bio and I go log in and can read the full bio. Recently all I see is the detail info, clicking on the bio tab shows nothing like it used to.

Thoughts?

Tom
    W3TA

2. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Some people haven't put anything on their Bio page. Can you see mine?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  3. W3TA

W3TA Ham Member QRZ Page

Nope, all that shows on your bio page are the coordinates, time, lookups, etc.....

Like I said, lets say I google search a callsign WA2KFE, in the google results there is a tartial text write up about his history on QRZ. When I log in to read the bio, I get nothing, just the standard table with location, time, etc... No detail, no history, no write up.

Even my page where I list my stuff, I can't see that.

I just went to my page and tried to edit it and I'm getting a Java script error - maybe that is a clue.......

Tom
    W3TA

4. K8VHL

First, make sure you've selected the Biography tab, not the Detail tab.

Here's my Bio page:
    First licensed in 1958 as K8VHL. Took a short 50 year break. .

I am actively buying and selling on QRZ. Any email from me will be from my QRZ listed email only. I no longer accept PayPal. Zelle is preferred and my address is different but easy to identify as mine.

Here's what I see on your Bio page. Suspect the problem is at your end.

Licensed in 1976 as WB3FED. Operate mostly CW

WAS, DXCC, WAC, 5BWAS, 6BDXCC Finally finished DXCC on 160m in early 2020 (it only took 20 years!).

Antennas: TH6DX at 40ft, 5 el 6 meter at 50 ft. 5 el 2m at 45 ft, Battle Creek Special for 160, 80 and 40 - replaced with "Tee" loaded 55 ft vertical for 160m. Off of 80/40 for now

Rigs: Kenwood TS-990, TS-870, TS-850 (orig owner), TL-922, TS-790A,

Vintage station rigs: Collins S-Line 75S-3B, 32S-3, 30L-1, 51S-1, 30S-1, 62S-1, KWM-2, 312B-5, 30S-1;

Hallicrafters SX-101A, HT-32, HT-33A, SX-117, HT-44,

Drake R-4C, T-4XB, TR-4C

Boat Anchor Receiver Collection:

RCA AR-80, AR-88, CR-88, CR-91A, SC-88, AR-8516

Hammarlund SP-600 J, JX-17, J-6,

Collins R-389, R390, R-390A, 51J-4 (Beckman / Berkeley mod)

Hallicrafters SX-23, SX-24, SX-25, R-274

Eddystone 850/2

Too Many!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Clear your browser cache. Restart your computer.

6. W3TA

W3TA Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly what my bio page should look like, and yes I'm choosing the correct tab.

I clear my browser cache every time I exit Chrome.

I found if I use Internet Explorer everything shows as expected, but Chrome is having issues it seems. It worked a week ago and I didn't change anything in Chrome.

More debug needed.....

Tom
    W3TA

7. K8VHL

Good luck!

8. UA6JD

UA6JD Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Check that your Javascript is correctly Enabled.

https://www.qrz.com/page/javascript.html

9. W3TA

W3TA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the Java link. I checked it and QRZ says it is not enabled but when I check my settings in Chrome, Java is enable (has been), still not seeing bio pages.

Tom
    W3TA

10. G0BIX

G0BIX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I am having the same problem (in Firefox and for quite a few weeks), I use NoScript and PrivacyBadger but they are turned off for QRZ.com.

If I go to edit my pages etc., they appear fine, it is just the details in the bio section tabs on the main pages (the details pages and maps work fine as well).

73 de Terry

11. UA6JD

Try another browser - Firefox is best. Your page work perfect in my end - problem in your browser setup

12. UA6JD

Check your account setup https://www.qrz.com/manager
    In the bottom of the page - it looks same as below? Please take a screenshot with problem
    Firefox_Screenshot_2022-01-23T18-01-12.194Z.png

13. G0BIX

G0BIX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Tom, I have checked and my settings in those fields are identical to those that you show.

I think that it is a setting with Firefox (or addins) as Edge works fine. I don't know what has changed as it worked flawlessly since I joined qrz at the beginning of 2020. I disabled Privacy Badger and NoScript even though there was only one entry in it (qrz.com itself).

Nothing else on the site appears affected, all of the normal items above and below the description are displaying correctly, and as previoulsy mentioned, if I go and edit my page it displays fine there.

upload_2022-1-24_13-2-5.png

14. K8VHL

Terry, I can see everything on your Biography page including the photos and the world map with your contacts from HRDLOG at the end. I'm using Chrome on a Windows 10 laptop. Here's the beginning of your page.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

n.b. My QSL policy is at the bottom of this web page.
    WORKED ALL BRITAIN Awards -
    My home Worked All Britain (WAB) Square = TQ76/Kent/Tonbridge & Malling
    WAB books: 3343, 4039, 4040 (XYL), 4539, 4839, 5039, 5139, 5939, 22540
    If we have had a QSO please send me your WAB square and the date/time of the QSO, thanks.

Welcome to my page on QRZ.com

Background and history

I was orginally licensed as G6MZA towards the end of the last Century (with thanks to Danny G4HXU and Norman G3INN SK and Roy G8NRR for encouragement) with the QTH located in Oxfordshire (Central England) with lots of mobile 2m work up and down the M40 motorway whilst working in Central London. My first QSO was 30th Sept 1982 with G6IZR on 2m both of us /M.

15. W3TA

W3TA Ham Member QRZ Page

None of the suggestions worked for me (thanks for trying!). Looks like I'm not the only one with the issue.

I'll just live with it. I don't use that feature much anyway, just looking to see if a simple fix would take care of it.

Tom
    W3TA