ad: chuckmartin

JRC JST-145/245 now in HamLib for WSJT-X (FT-8...)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE4SW, Dec 20, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VE4SW

VE4SW Ham Member QRZ Page

For all who are using these radios, Mike Black (W9MDB) has been adding new DLLs for the radios. After extensive testing and working with Mike, we now have them working within WSJT-X. At this time, the latest version of WSJT-X does NOT include the radios yet, so you have to manually update the dll for these radios. Instructions below. Keep in mind, you still have to set up the serial port for the radios for PC control and use an external digital data interface (e.g., Rigblaster Advantage...) for RX/TX.

Hope this helps and have fun getting even more mileage out these radios. 73, Stefan VE4SW

New hamlib for Windows installation directions

#1 Shut down WSJTX

#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.

If you can do a "Save As" you can save it directly in \WSJT\WSJTX\bin and replace the libhamlib-4.dll that is there.

http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll32/libhamlib-4.dll

http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll64/libhamlib-4.dll

#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.

If you're not familiar with that here's a video on the file browser.

Mike W9MDB

K0PIR and M1WML like this.
  2. AC1OI

AC1OI Ham Member QRZ Page

What radios , make, model?

M1WML likes this.
  3. N5TTI

N5TTI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe he's referring to the JRC radios (Japan Radio Company), Models JST-145 (receiver ) and JST-245 (transceiver)

M1WML likes this.
  4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

There were a few hundred JST 245's sold in the US, circa 1995. Wish I hadn't sold mine! Anyway, the subset of active users in probably in the dozens in 2021...

M1WML and VE4SW like this.
  5. VE4SW

These are Japan Radio Company (JRC) transceivers, called JST-145 and JST-245. Beautiful radios and still running strong. They have a serial port and a basic command set to allow for digital mode operation. If you have one, keep it! If you like one, look hard. Sometimes they become available.

Here is mine in action:

JST-245.jpg

NL7W, K0PIR, K4NXS and 5 others like this.
  6. N0SAP

N0SAP Ham Member QRZ Page

Great radio, I have had six or more at one time. They are in demand making them a bit pricey but if you never had one, get one, you will not be disappointed. "SAP" N0SAP

NL7W, M1WML, MM0TFU and 1 other person like this.
  7. I3QJZ

I3QJZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

nom works

M1WML likes this.
  8. VE4SW

nom??? what

M1WML likes this.
  9. N7XXC

N7XXC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hands down the most beautiful transceiver ever made. This will be the final radio of my mid 1990's collection. Ft-840, FT-890AT, FT-990, FT-1000D, IC-751A, IC-765, IC-775DSP

MM0TFU, VE4SW and M1WML like this.
  10. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

11. EA3EYC

EA3EYC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Donde puedo comprar un Jst 245. Tnx 73

12. K4OM

K4OM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a non-working 245 and 145.

13. KJ4IGZ

KJ4IGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just picked up a JST 245 on ebay . Already have the JST-135 .