ad: Radclub22-1

Catching the Sunset and QSOs in Oregon

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N7KOM, Nov 13, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N7KOM

N7KOM Ham Member QRZ Page

K7WXW and I did a three summit weekend east of Mt Hood. It was a fun and chilly campout overnighter with some beautiful views. Thanks those that chased us!
    73 de Tim N7KOM

EA8FB, KJ7JYJ, KJ7OES and 5 others like this.
  2. W0AZ

W0AZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Great video!
    Beautiful country.

M1WML and N7KOM like this.
  3. N7KOM

Thanks for watching! 73

M1WML likes this.
  4. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

;)

N7KOM likes this.
  5. W7ONY

W7ONY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oregonians, represent!

N7KOM likes this.
  6. K0EHR

K0EHR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Tim, I once again tried (and failed) to chase you! Hopefully with Cycle 25, conditions will improve and we’ll be able to connect OTA soon!

73 and keep up the great work!

Mark K0EHR

N7KOM likes this.
  7. N7KOM

Hey Mark, I'm assuming this was on the Wednesday before thanksgiving? Band conditions had heavy up and down swings and I was also getting some odd QRM that made things even more challenging. Next time!

8. K0EHR

K0EHR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, exactly. Conditions were really bizarre that day. I could definitely hear you off and on but I doubt you would have heard me. We'll keep trying! I'm thinking trying a S2S would be the way to go. I'll keep an eye on the weather here and will let you know if I'm going to make a SOTA run. Jerry K0ES and I have been talking about doing one soon and this weekend looks like it might be pretty decent...I'll keep you posted! 73 de K0EHR

9. N7KOM

For sure. Definitely shoot me an email when you're going to head out. I can always run up to my "QTH" SOTA summit for a quick try if I can't get out to something bigger. Looking forward to the winter bonus points kicking off this week!

10. KB8MCZ

KB8MCZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Watch out for big foot!

N7KOM likes this.