ad: portazero-1

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. November 24, 2021.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Nov 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Amateur Radio Newsline headlines for Ham Nation. November 24, 2021.

N8FQY, M1WML and DO1FER like this.
  2. AK5CT

AK5CT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So, that brings up an interesting question !
    If my entire house is eventually wallpapered with paper that contains a built in antenna, how am I ever going to be able to figure out the exposure risks now required by the FCC ?
    It boggles the mind.

ZL2MLH and M1WML like this.
  3. WG5ENE

WG5ENE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, printing antennas on thin substrates has been around greater than 35+ years. Not only that, those antennas work quite well with backscatter RFID chips powered by nothing more than RF itself. Printing an antenna capable of 1500w for use by amateurs? That would seem to be an interesting job for a physicist to solve.

AK5CT, M1WML and AI8S like this.
  4. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice to see Don back on the “Zed”

M1WML likes this.
  5. W3AMT

W3AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

That would be very intersting hooking up a SO 239 to your wall paper how would you tune you wall paper for the band You want?

AK5CT and M1WML like this.
  6. HA3FLT

HA3FLT Ham Member QRZ Page

If I ever use a conductive wallpaper, it will be a shielding against all wifi, Bluetooth, IoT, 4G, 5G, 153.298G, and everything... (My wifi is not always on.) I'm living in a big old apartment house surrounded by office buildings, and even in the anteroom in the middle of it that has no windows (and the outer walls are almost 2 feet thick), I receive signals of about fifteen Bluetooth equipments daytime. : - )

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    K0UO, M1WML, AJ6KZ and 1 other person like this.
  7. ONL12701

ONL12701 QRZ Member

nice to see intressant

M1WML likes this.
  8. KD2HWD

KD2HWD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Start connecting to them and play horror movie sounds, turn lights on and off, That should scare people and they may eventually shut the stuff off

9. K9HOU

K9HOU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One family, not hams, had a sunroom added to their home. Three times in the first year it had lightning strikes. Seems that the aluminum siding outside and the aluminum foiled wall paper inside turned into a room size capacitor that would get charged up by the high static atmosphere. Then would discharge through the switches and outlets in the room with a large flash. Wallpaper was replaced and ground rods connected to the siding ended that.

10. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Exposure risk will be the easy part. Finding a rotator for the HOUSE may prove to be more difficult.

VE2CY, W5SO, AK5CT and 1 other person like this.
  11. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes im planning on putting up a 20 meter beam and putting the wire radials in the wallpaper and gorilla tape them there. Next time i key up the cable tv wont go out.
    Wishful thinking.....

12. KI7LFD

KI7LFD Ham Member QRZ Page

Boy, those space suits look a little lame.