ad: ProAudio-1

Setup and Register YSF Reflector on Debian

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by KN4MKB, Jun 8, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KN4MKB

KN4MKB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There are various guides for hosting your own YSF Reflector, but most focus on the raspberry pi and don't cover the details of registering them and connecting to them locally.
    I also go over how to setup pi-star to override the public url so that you can connect to it internally.
    So I decided to make this in hopes someone might find it useful.
    If you're not a big video person, I also did a write up here:
    https://themodernham.com/host-a-ysf-reflector-on-debian-linux/

This is my first time posting here, as I don't like to shill my content, but I think someone may find it useful.

KC1SOO likes this.
  2. KN6GST

KN6GST Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, I stumbled upon your link via internet...I seem to have a communication issue...I keep asking for help setting up a hosted ysf reflector on a hosted server..but I keep getting back replies on learning to build and configure pi-stars....lol...well, I have 2 pi stars I see the screens, and no, I dont have computer space to host my own reflector, and I am not interested in coding..so I am at my wits end, who, where are there individuals who host, code and set up a ysf reflector? Thanks for any lead you can lend. I am not going to set it up at home and do not want to go into the code aspect. Thanks!
    Sandra Weeks kn6gst

3. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

Shill away, nobody minds I’m sure.

4. KN6GST

KN6GST Ham Member QRZ Page

Im sorry? shill? this is a valid question..not a shill...but it is odd I cant' find the answer easily..but thanks for replying!

5. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn’t reply?