ad: Radclub22-1

Sign Up Now for Nashua Area Radio Society’s Fall Online Ham Bootcamp on November 13

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AC1EV, Nov 6, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AC1EV

AC1EV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Nashua Area Radio Society will hold an online Ham Bootcamp next Saturday November 13th. For information about Bootcamp, see https://www.n1fd.org/ham-bootcamp/

Who we are
    [​IMG]

Ham Bootcamp includes a series of demonstrations and tutorials designed to help newly licensed Technician, General, and Extra class license holders get on the air and use their amateur radio license. Bootcamp is also a great opportunity for prospective Hams who are interested in seeing what the hobby has to offer.

Our Ham Bootcamp activities are provided online via a series of sessions geared towards Technicians and prospective Hams and General class licenses and higher Hams. Bootcamp participants will find all this material interesting and fun no matter what their focus or license level.

Our online Bootcamp program is available to all licensed and prospective Hams in North America. You can register for our next Ham Bootcamp session here.

Our Ham Bootcamp program has also been featured in the October 2020 edition of QST Magazine. You can view the article here.

Our online Ham Bootcamp sessions are designed to reach folks outside the New England area and cover additional topics. Here is what we are planning for our next online Ham Bootcamp

Spring 2021 Online Bootcamp Program

Spring 2021 Agenda.JPG

Bootcamp will be on Zoom

Zoom Tips.JPG

We have room for all interested Hams and prospective Hams and are looking forward to you joining us next Saturday 11/13/21.

Jon Turner AC1EV
    Secretary
    Nashua Area Radio Society

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2021
    M1WML, KB1GKN and KB7THL like this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That Sounds a lot more fun than the Boot camps I know about Hi

K5EFJ and M1WML like this.
  3. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Those guys above know how to get it done. I would give a Thousand Youtubers for a club like that.

M1WML and K0UO like this.
  4. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree, 'Boot Camp' still puts chills down the spine of many vets. Not a pleasant experience and something nobody would want to experience again. I would rather think of it as 'Beginning Ham Radio 101'. Boot camp is meant to break you down so you can be built back up 'in their image' so to speak. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys.

M1WML likes this.
  5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HATS OFF N1FD.jpg

M1WML likes this.
  6. K1LB

K1LB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice to see how successfully NARC has evolved over the years. From it's roots as a FD club held at the Sanders-S.Nashua parking lot in the early 70's, with club meetings held at the Nashua Public Library, to the contest power-house it has become. You have become the quint essential role model of leadership for our great Amateur Radio hobby. Keep it going! All the best, Woody Brown, K1LB, formerly K1NCH.

M1WML likes this.
  7. W3AMT

W3AMT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a really great idea!

M1WML likes this.
  8. M1WML

M1WML Ham Member QRZ Page

9. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL, I made 7 weeks at great lakes then by some mistake during my flight physical they said I had some incurable disease and sent me home. (paperwork mistake) My recruiter flipped and three months later I got and apology letter from SecNav inviting me back in. Second time was NTC San Diego. Much better. So yeah I did it twice. Yep, Was a complete idiot and believed the big lie.

Want to top that off? Went back to Great lakes for FTM school because They lost my billet to Aviation ASW school the second time in and blew my guarantee. It was one of five rates they let me choose from. All good until my graduation week we had the riots at Great lakes. Largest mutiny in naval history no one ever heard of. Then they shut down the whole base.
    As I hadn't got orders yet but had got my crow they said hey your a pilot already so go to OS school as we need controllers in the fleet. So I was dual rated before I ever hit the ship. Never wanted to be in the fleet except as a pilot.
    Still they blew my garuntee so No 2 years active, no OCS and no flight training. Total chicken shit. And people wonder why I never wanted to be a lifer. Luckily my congressman got them to drop the six year commitment to four.

My Father a retired Marine Aviator would not sign me into the marines and that started my adventure into Squid Ville. Should have held it against him. ;)

That's the end result of Zumwalts Navy. No doubt its even more screwed up now.

HB9EPC likes this.
  10. HB9EPC

HB9EPC Ham Member QRZ Page

Fantastique de constater à quel point NARC a évolué avec succès au fil des ans. Bravo !