ad: Mountaingoat-1

Yaesu to release a new 50W Dual-Band mobile radio, the FTM-6000R!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Sep 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. W4CFH

W4CFH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think I will stick with my FTM 400XDR, it has a detachable face and an easy display to look at while in motion. It is still one of the best mobiles I have ever had.

2. K5TUE

K5TUE Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks like they finally removed the STUPID 'WiresX' button from the front panel.

Fergawdsakes we can always tell a Yaesu newbie on the air....BEEEP on every transmission.

Maybe this will help.

AG6QR and WS9K like this.
  3. LU7HC

LU7HC Ham Member QRZ Page

All very well but... it has no transmission/reception in SSB!
    In this mode and at pre-established frequencies, ranges can be achieved from Patagonia to Canada (of course with good propagation conditions).

4. LU7HC

LU7HC Ham Member QRZ Page

All very well but... it has no transmission/reception in SSB!
    In this mode and at pre-established frequencies, ranges can be achieved from Patagonia to Canada (of course with good propagation conditions).

5. W2KG

W2KG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Amen on your last paragraph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. K6ITR

K6ITR Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu gave the sub-$300 analog dual-band mobile business to Baofeng, TYT, Wouxun, QYT, and any of many other brands that have jumped on the wagon. Judging by the fact that you can't get out the door with a 6000 for less than almost $350, (more if you want to use the Bluetooth functionality), Yaesu is apparently happy to let that business go. Too bad. Ten years ago when I got licensed, Yaesu actually had some affordable radios, and I bought them. Now they've saturated their product line with expensive, tech-heavy toys.

7. HK4N

HK4N Ham Member QRZ Page

KK6QMS likes this.
  8. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow! a TWO band , SOLID STATE radio! what's coming next?

9. KK6QMS

KK6QMS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No cross band repeat. Bummer.

10. K4AX

K4AX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If I was buying a FM dual band rig these days in this price range I'd def go for a IC 2730A, seems like a lot more going on for the money. I have a couple of old FT 7800s which are basically like the 7900, great radios.

2E0NYH likes this.
  11. 2E0NYH

2E0NYH Ham Member QRZ Page

exactly and price will be what i lives or dies by

ic 2730 is a steady seller in a similar space ( major name maker, detatchable face plate dual band / dual VFO 2m and 70cm FM unit with a full 50 w on max settings)

12. 2E0NYH

2E0NYH Ham Member QRZ Page

i do like the 2730 ( i have one and it's a cracking bit of kit )

13. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Meh…

I am Yeasu fanboy, but dual receive is the only way to go IMHO. Not interested in these types of radios.

2E0NYH likes this.
  14. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Got an email from HRO that mine is on the way -- Woo Hoo !! Should be here tamale.

15. K7DLX

K7DLX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not even dual watch/VFOs? That's the first thing I look for in a dual band radio. Very important to me.

No thanks, I'll pass.

2E0NYH likes this.