ad: ProAudio-1

Droid-Star User Group

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N2QOJ, Jan 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N2QOJ

N2QOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you using Droid-Star?

DroidStar is an android app. It currently supports RX of D-Star, DMR, Fusion, NXDN, and P25. TX of all modes except D-Star using software vocoding is currently supported.

Droid-Star was created by Doug, AD8DP. Doug has created some other very interesting things. Check out his site at http://www.dudetronics.com/.

Please join our User Group at https://groups.io/g/DROID-Star so we can all share our experiences and support each other.

Thanks! Joe, N2QOJ

N8ZMT and N1GKE like this.
  2. KF6DGN

KF6DGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Just started using it on Android. Wish there were instructions or descriptions of talk groups. Just learning about DMR, but this connects to so much more.

David Torkelson

3. KB9MWR

KB9MWR Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be great if the groups was more for attracting advanced users and developers. As Doug mentions on his github page "DudeStar/DroidStar makes use of software from a number of other open source software projects, including MMDVMHost, MMDVM_CM, XLXD, DSDcc, MBELIB, op25 (GNU Radio), mvoice, and others. Not only is software from these projects being used directly, but learning about the various network protocols and encoding/decoding of the various protocols was only possible thanks to the authors of all of these software projects."

If users would like the performance of the software vocoders improved you'll need to helps spread the word, etc. Ham radio is a group effort.

More information on the software vocoder part:
    https://www.qsl.net/kb9mwr/projects/dv/codec/ambe.html

4. N2QOJ

N2QOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. I hope we get many more members from all areas of interest - developers, experimenters, users, whatever. Thanks for highlighting those points. Joe, N2QOJ

5. W5JHC

W5JHC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just stumbled onto this post today and this is really nifty. I do see a 10-30% packet loss on wifi, but my test audio seemed to sound just fine.. nifty!

6. KF6DGN

Brandmeister is down? Drama between DroidStar and Brandmeister?

7. KG6QNK

KG6QNK Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly! I've been unable to gain access. I'm being told Brandmeister does not support Droidstar.
    I had just downloaded the app. Time and energy wasted. Couldn't get a straight answer anybody. I won't support any of this either.

8. KF6DGN

there are so many other “sandboxes “ to play in. Check out TGIF on DMR. The FreeStar Network, is great too. Who needs Brandmeister?

9. K4DSC

K4DSC Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the droid star on my phone but having trouble with it. When try to connect to bm 3102,3103,3104 keep getting a error. I have my dmr I'd number and went on brand Meister got setup on it.

10. AE7YD

AE7YD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

how do I enter a Fusion room ID number? The room list does not include every room, i.e. Parrot and American RC.
    Thank you and 73

11. KF6DGN

America-RC, towards the top under Alabama-Link, don’t look at the “US” it’s towards the top of the list with “A’s”

Hope this helps,

KF6DGN

12. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

be sure to set the same password in droid star as you did on brandmeister.

don't remember what you set? or never set it? log in to brandmeiseter, look under user, then self care ... set a password.

works for me, I am using 3103.

13. VE3NBI

VE3NBI Ham Member QRZ Page

I just downloaded the app and i got me Brandmeister DMR working , i like to try D-star and see how it works or even fusion

14. K4DSC

15. K4DSC

Have the same password as brandmeister
    On droid star keeps coming up error Screenshot_20211003-103303.png