ad: elecraft

How does the ARRL CEO Ham?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Sep 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Well if he is 14 he presents his arguments well without having to question your age or raise questions far outside the argument.

As far as raising hell over mentioning CB I dare say most of you had your start there if you would be honest.

Maybe it says something that you guys only can go after 14 year olds? Maybe it says something more that he is holding his ground? I would be embarrassed myself but most everyone has no shame these days.

KF0DHQ likes this.
  2. KF0DHQ

KF0DHQ Ham Member QRZ Page

WOW. The utter thought that because you have a piece of paper from the FCC makes you a higher individual than others is just most disturbing. DON'T forget CB radio the father of telecommunication. My gosh. Ham radio, The internet, and Cell phones would be nothing without CB radio. Give Respect where Respect is due.

3. N1IPU

Don't apologize. I clearly remember my first peek through the cracks when being about 10 and visiting a coffees shop with my father I saw a policemen get a bag and several coffees without paying. My dad told me the owners do that to get good police protection. I thought policemen protected everyone regardless like they told me in school. First red pill.

Your stand against hypocrisy gives me hope that the new generation's are seeing through the hurricane of lies that is our lives today

4. KF0DHQ

FINNALY TO EVERYONE ON THIS FROM THAT QUESTION MY KNOWLEGE BY MY AGE. You are committing the fallacy of CHRONOLOGICAL SNOBBERY by assuming my statements are wrong by my age.

73's all a round KF0DHQ Jack A. Weigel

5. KF0DHQ

Thank you. Its nice to see someone who has sense in this odd world we live in.

6. N1IPU

Well there is a book that say's in a certain time the vast majority will support the evil master.

[​IMG]

NL7W and KF0DHQ like this.
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Quite the contrary. We are imposing upon you the responsibilities of what we expect of fellow radio amateurs.

Making false statements in amateur radio, that are publicly and readily verifiable as false, is just not something that your fellow hams normally engage in, let alone should. You have thus not acculturated with the community. Given the fact that several of us have been more than patient and reasonable, you should take that and lead yourself forward.

As I said: Good luck.

KA2FIR likes this.
  8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am responding to your false statements. It is more than a mere 'my bad'.

KA2FIR likes this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Jack,

You are making more statements that go far beyond opinion, and are not supported by the facts.

No one is 'on the take' in ham radio. The example are super-rare. Example: very,very rarely there have been VE's who took money to pass test takers. How many? Maybe less than a handful , over almost 30 years and more than half a million plus test.

Corruption is just not an issue in ham radio. Frankly, its a weird assertion to make.

Relevant to the OP, there is no corruption at the ARRL.

N6HCM and KA2FIR like this.
  10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

You've really jumped the shark with that one. Expect incoming.

N3RF, K6VOX, KA2FIR and 1 other person like this.
  11. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are certainly some policies and practices of the ARRL that disagree with, but I don't see corruption, hypocrisy, etc.

2E0TWD and KA2FIR like this.
  12. KC3JH

KC3JH Ham Member QRZ Page

He definitely jumped the shark on that one. Now it's confirmed he's just trolling. Everybody knows that Amateur Radio predates CB by at least 40 years. Everybody needs to stop wasting time replying to him.

N5EVV, KJ7QQG and KA2FIR like this.
  13. N1IPU

Ever seen how teens portray boomers online? Seems they have good reason not even getting into the country your leaving them with. Good Job!

NL7W, KF0DHQ and KA2FIR like this.
  14. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This has run its course.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    K0UO, N5EVV, KA1YBS and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.