ad: Halibut-1

Yaesu to release a new 50W Dual-Band mobile radio, the FTM-6000R!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4LKO, Sep 29, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W9JTC

W9JTC Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with way too much $$$ for analog. I got a FTM-7250 for much less and it does have Fusion and it does it well!!!! I run it in the shack so I can't comment on mobile usage. They will have to pry that one from my cold dead hands!!! LOL

2. AD0HT

AD0HT Ham Member QRZ Page

I would look for a used 8800r over the"new?" offering.

KD4MOJ likes this.
  3. WA4EE

WA4EE Ham Member QRZ Page

Menus, Menus, Menus...I'll Pass!

4. AG6QR

AG6QR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think that's fine on a unit with one VFO.

I have a Kenwood TM-V71, with two VFOs, two independent receivers, and the ability to do cross-band repeat. I think these features are very useful, though they do add to the cost and complexity. This radio also has two frequency displays, which is nice, but not so important. I could easily live with an A/B button to switch one display back and forth between the two VFOs.

Two displays on a radio with a single VFO wouldn't help so much. I suppose you could display transmit/receive frequencies, or alpha name and frequency. But with a single VFO, I'd rather have one big display than two small ones.

5. KM6AVH

KM6AVH Ham Member QRZ Page

This looks like a bread and butter conventional radio. Not very exiting. I'll pass.

6. N3IOE

N3IOE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll pass. Happy with my Icom IC-2300H

N0YPD likes this.
  7. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Firm nope here

8. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

But lets not pass judgment until all the potential Youtube ham celebs unbox it first and make weird face video covers :rolleyes:

[​IMG] Capture3.JPG Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

I am seriously wondering why I am paying for a membership. QRZ has more 'news articles' masquerading as ads than QST anymore.

KU4X, K3DBI, K7HEP and 13 others like this.
  9. KB9HGI

KB9HGI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks boring to me. I got a 7800 in a box somewhere that is almost like that. I will stick with my FT-400xdr its fun to play with in the truck

10. SV3IRG

SV3IRG Ham Member QRZ Page

No dual display?

11. W4LRA

W4LRA Ham Member QRZ Page

The option to use the detachable head unit is appealing for those of us who have little dashboard space. Plus Yaesu includes the necessary mounting brackets at no extra charge. The growth in Bluetooth connectivity is good because not everyone in the car likes to listen-in (at least that’s true in my car when the wife is riding along). Seems like they are trying to address programming with a new function button that focuses on the operators most used features.
    Yawn if you will, but in a world where the competition can’t seem to produce radios due to chip shortages and other excuses….Yaesu brings another radio to the market! Good for them and for the hobby in general.

KI5AIU, SV3IRG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

Where did they hide the DX button?

Too bad the FT-7250 was less $$$ and offered digital capability too....... no thanks.

13. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Ground the exhaust would be my first try the look at electrical loads. You may be on the edge and need to upgrade the charging harness. I had nothing but trouble with GM trucks over the years and those two items seemed to work best.

AI5DD likes this.
  14. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Myself I am happy that they are producing a simple stupid mobile rig. I have the FTM-100dr in the truck but rarely use digit modes with it even though I have a few repeaters near me.
    I just wish they would produce a SSB rig. 2m ssb is a lot of fun in these parts.

K7HEP and KI7DAX like this.
  15. AI5DD

AI5DD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Would connecting the power directly to the battery rather than the hookup points that go to the battery (in the box in the center of the engine) help?