ad: Alphaant-1

TIDRADIO TD-H6 10 Watt Radio Overview and Programming

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Aug 31, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

It is an e-cigarette on steroids. Almost the size of an HT, runs on 18650 batteries.

2. K4KID

K4KID Ham Member QRZ Page

Well of course it's not 15 watts. Nor should it be. We don't want to be steaming our eyeball fluids.
    And while we can easily surmise that the radios made of 'chinesium' are not as selective as
    the similar Japanese made radios, nor as durable, one must admit that for $40 w/ a box full of accessories included at that price,
    they are quite capable. And that ability, coupled w/ the price, has probably done more to increase the number of Ham Radio Operators
    than any other single factor over the last 25 years. So let us not be so harsh on them. They are what they are, but they get new hams on the air.
    As for durability, generally the Baofeng, etc radios need to be handled w/ kid gloves or they will die, but I had one experience where
    I dropped a UV5R from about the 35' level of my tower all the way to the ground. It scuffed up the front face a little but it still works
    as it should. A friend and I purchased two 10 packs, kept out 6 radios for our use, and promised a radio to the next 14 newly licensed hams in our ZOOM class.
    Our first 4 graduates passed their test on 12-22-2020 and we have graduated eight more since. Of those 12, five have already upgraded to General,
    and three others are working toward that goal. Our oldest grads are bumping up against 70, and last week I just delivered a radio and antenna to our youngest so far... a 17 year old YL.
    We only have two radios left and expect they'll be gone shortly.

KI5VOK likes this.
  3. K4KID

Hi Dan... I see your headset so I think you might enjoy my QRZ page... look me up... K4KID. Happy landings.

4. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Be forewarned: I'm stealing that line!

K4KID and KI5VOK like this.
  5. K4KID

You can claim it as your own.

KI5VOK likes this.
  6. KF8ZR

KF8ZR Ham Member QRZ Page

can't be much worse than 5 watts an inch from the forehead. what'd go wrong?