ad: Mountaingoat-1

Vendel Hohensee K0CXF

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K0CXF, Sep 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K0CXF

K0CXF Ham Member QRZ Page

My Father past in March 1969. Along time ago but I was 7 years old. He was KOCXF from 1956 to 1969.
    Him and two of his friends got there ticket in high school science class at Lamar High School.
    I remembered Dad allowing me to tune his receiver one evening and the first station I heard was playing
    this strange funny music, I call it Hula music lol, then the announcer said the call letters and Honolulu,Hawaii.
    I was only 7 but I must have known it was a far away exotic place cuz it impressed me enough to remember my Dad, and Ham Radio! So in 1979 at age 18 I got my Novice KA0ELD and now a general with Dads K0CXF.
    What a wonderful hobby! To bad video games are ruining our kids. Dad Radio.JPG
    Photo around 1959? Anyone know what the equipment is?
    Thanks Everyone 73's

2. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

K0CXF rrespect fully vy73 djoaj ekrem

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Dear Ekrem - I know you feel deeply about our SK postings. I know this - as you have emailed me.

So to help you with your English postings, please say this, in English as we would type it:

"K0CXF Rest in Peace - DJ0AJ"

Just like that. OK? Does that make sense?

Just like I typed it - use the capital letters and words just like that!

Danke sehr,

Dave
    W7UUU

K2HAT likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

The black receiver on the left appears to be a Hallicrafters S40 or S40b. The transmitter on the right looks like a WRL Globe transmitter of what flavor or another. If the photo were larger and clearer...

Dave
    W7UUU

K2HAT likes this.
  5. SM7ZDI

SM7ZDI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Dave,
    judging by his latest comment under the recent "KJ7LVP SK" message, he hasn't got a faintest idea. I know it's the thought that counts but it does sound ludicrous at times. Guess someone needs to write to him in German.
    73s Vic
    SM7ZDI