ad: k1jek

The new Buddistick Pro from Buddipole, Inc.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W4FDT, Sep 4, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W4FDT

W4FDT Ham Member QRZ Page

it is also made with threads for a camera type tripod if thats what you would rather do.. you do not have to purchase the kit with the tripod legs. They are just an offering for those who do not or would not rather carry an extra piece of equipment.

2. W4FDT

that price is not correct. For the most accurate price, Id call or email Buddipole at info@buddipole.com

3. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry but blanket statements are just that. I saw $549.00 before the site updated.

UT7UX likes this.
  4. W4FDT

this price is not accurate. The last I heard the price for the deluxe version was around half that... You might want to contact buddipole at info@buddipole.com for an accurate price.

5. N1IPU

Dude, Don't be a silly defender. Earlier in the thread I was saying how their customer service was the best. The long version kit is $495. Are they throwing in the tripod for free?

6. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

The only thing on their site that’s $495 is the buddipole. This the BuddiStick. The most recent pricing is $199 for the whip, coil, 2 11in elements and the versahub. The tripod legs are $51 and the coax is $26. These prices may change before it’s official launch. If you would like to buy one shoot them an email at info@buddipole.com

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  7. N1IPU

I base it on my setup is 80-6m and what's required to carry everything. The video shows the carry bag also. Link here. https://www.buddipole.com/dbplong.html $495.00

See the price? Now you parting it out. You youtubers should at least be honest as your parting it out yourself. Video makes no mention of buying separate components.

If you would like to encourage us buying one disclose your interest. Very tired of youtubers getting gear for free or at a deep discount then telling us to buy it.

KE0GXN, N3FAA and UT7UX like this.
  8. W4FDT

The "Long Version Kit" is their Dipole.. this is the buddistick pro. Two separate products.

9. W4FDT

I dont get anything from them for free. I purchase everything I use. I have been using Buddipole products since 2012. As far as disclosing interest, I dont work for Buddipole. I talk about their products because I like them. That is why I normally refer someone to Buddipole for pricing. This video and thread is about The Buddistick Pro, Not their buddipole dipole lineup as you quoted and referenced. They also offer a Buddistick product which you did not reference and its there on the website and is much lower than the price you quoted. The Product in the video is a new release / revision of the buddistick on their website. My video is not "sponsored" by Buddipole either, this was just my video showing the components in the kit, how its put together and how I use it myself.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  10. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very tired of youtubers wasting my time for nothing. With no real reviews, no real measurements, and nothing really useful I have to watch at shaking pictures and listen to talking head who say 'this product is awesome' with no any hard proof. Even if particular product is really awesome.

KE0GXN, N3FAA, PY2RAF and 1 other person like this.
  11. K5QBF

You are looking at the wrong antenna. This is the BuddiSTICK Pro, which is not released to the public yet. I paid $275 for my BuddiSTICK Pro package which I will have a video on later.

12. K5QBF

I have my unboxing coming out Thursday that goes over the parts. I am working on part two where I set each component up and show you how to tune it then get on the air. I will be putting it on a Stick230 bluetoothed to my ipad so I can show the full chart.

UT7UX likes this.
  13. UT7UX

Not necessarily you in person but let's be honest: many people want to proof their rightness towards the things they've bought. One says to everyone that some product is good just to proof to oneself one wasn't wrong buying it. The worse particular product is the more aggressive 'defense' of the product is. This is a kind of self-deception but human psychic works such way. So we've got plenty of videos where talking heads really bought smth by own money and now want us to support their belief in the product goodness. Look at Apple fanatics: they would literally kill anyone who denies divine essence of Apple products.

KE0GXN, N3FAA and PY2RAF like this.
  14. UT7UX

Really good videos there are. But they drown in garbage.

15. K5QBF

I appreciate your comment on things you want to see. I am still new at the youtube stuff, so I like the good and bad comments. It helps tweak content to what the viewer wants to see. 73!

UT7UX likes this.