ad: CQMM-1

TIDRADIO TD-H6 10 Watt Radio Overview and Programming

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6F, Aug 31, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WJ6F

WJ6F Ham Member QRZ Page

The TidRadio TD-H6 is being promoted as a 10 watt radio. In this video we will look at what the TidRadio TD-H6 has to offer, its cost, and what it comes with. I will also show you how to program the TD-H6 from the front panel. The TidRadio TD-H6 also works perfectly with the TidRadio Bluetooth Programmer as well as CHIRP. This is a great radio for the new Ham as well as loaner for friends.

2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

FYI
    A 10 Watt handheld Radio
    Would be more than the 7 watt max RF allowed as outlined by the FCC in their RFR safety rules in QET 65

K4KID and WJ6F like this.
  3. WA6VVC

WA6VVC Ham Member QRZ Page

Now I want my money back.

K0UO and WJ6F like this.
  4. N1IPU

N1IPU Ham Member QRZ Page

Those handhelds work best when the antenna is level with your eyeballs.

HA3FLT, K0UO, WN1MB and 1 other person like this.
  5. WA6VVC

WA6VVC Ham Member QRZ Page

What made you think it was RF watts? Likely input watts and marketing scam for the gota have more is more better ham.

AC0OB and K0UO like this.
  6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

10 watts of VHF/UHF RF an inch away from the forehead: what could possibly go wrong?

Color me paranoid, but no thank you.

K4KID, AA5BK and K0UO like this.
  7. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Oh the silly marketing genius of the Chinese. 6.5 watts on 2m + 3.5 watts on 70cm = 10 watts! Let's advertise this then as a 10 watt radio! Baofeng has done the same thing with their "18 watt" junk. On the bright side we are a culture that has traded quality for price. For the price it's good enough! Just don't forget to click the affiliate link and BUY BUY BUY!

KG0BK and AC0OB like this.
  8. W7IVK

W7IVK Ham Member QRZ Page

More power equals more better.... I want a handheld radio with a real 15 watts. That would be awesome to keep in a backpack on a hike. Just think, these kids with the vape boxes are running dozens of watts if not a hundred watts for a few seconds off a pair of 18650's. China needs to make a dual band vape box Baofeng bluetooth on a pair of 18650's. That way one can double down on the douchbaggery.

In all seriousness, bluetooth in the handheld for both audio and programming, and CHIRP for Android is the future. The chinese can do it better and cheaper than $1000 RFinder....

9. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

How to get more people involved in amateur radio? Dual Band Vape Box. Billion dollar idea.

KE6MAK likes this.
  10. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Chinese watts. And it's moar powr !!!

KF5RRF likes this.
  11. VE3NEJ

VE3NEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

What is a Vape Box? I can't help it, I am OLD and don't speak the new Amateur lingo.

K0UO likes this.
  12. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Hasn't been invented yet. These kids and their vapes. Just invent a dual band radio with a vape thing built in. That would draw them in.

13. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

In spite of all the sniping in this thread, this is a decent handheld radio. For the price you get:
    • A nice, hard side carrying case
    • Two batteries
    • A desktop charger stand
    • A programming cable that works
    • A headset
    The signal sounds great and I like the voice announcements.

14. KG3I

KG3I Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, there is a of stupid people in the world

15. W0DN

W0DN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

We deal in non-ionizing radiation in Ham Radio....I doubt its worth the money or keeps
    up with its claims, but I DONT BUY CHINESE JUNK...

How many of you that have a dipole up 30 feet did your FCC "Homework" and have your
    antenna 30 feet away...? Figure the triangle, my Hypotenuse from the flat top
    dropped this imaginary deadly RF to almost 0, considering I run "QRP"